Interview With Jeremy Clarkson's Waiter....... :lol:

#137 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

^^ That is awesome. You can't help but laugh at that. 

#138 carthorse

carthorse

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

It says everything you need to know about Clarkson's character that he hasn't offered a word of apology for his actions or any support for this poor producer he apparently worked with for almost 10 years who is now being threatened with all sorts by idiots all over the internet.

He's probably sitting at home on the phone to Sky executives right now laughing his man boobs off counting his money and still thinking he can do / say what ever he likes to anybody.

#139 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:06 PM

all reports I've seen say he has apologised multiple times in person and by email. Not that that really excuses his actions!

It says everything you need to know about Clarkson's character that he hasn't offered a word of apology for his actions or any support for this poor producer he apparently worked with for almost 10 years who is now being threatened with all sorts by idiots all over the internet.

He's probably sitting at home on the phone to Sky executives right now laughing his man boobs off counting his money and still thinking he can do / say what ever he likes to anybody.

#140 carthorse

carthorse

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Yup I take that back - I heard him on the radio earlier saying it wasn't the producers fault and he should be left alone.

#141 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:44 PM

#142 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

:lol:

Clarkson himself will love that!

#143 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:40 PM

"Top Speed" to launch on Sky 1 all three of them?...

#144 Spud21

Spud21

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

The BBC are very hypocritical really. They loved the £50m+ he made for them and just 'made noises' about some of the things he said which they found unacceptable whilst they were taking the money. How many times was he on a 'last warning'? In the end they had no option.

It was the same culture as with Savile, although there is no comparison between JC and Savile. The BBC, in general, knew all about Savile's penchant for sex with under-age girls, but they ignored it because he made a lot of money for them. Then, when he was dead and the proverbial brown stuff hit the fan, they tried to distance themselves from the reality of what he had been doing on their premises over years & years. They knew all about it. Lots of people knew about it. I met him once and I knew all about it. But everyone who mentioned it was ignored.

The BBC seem to wait until they are backed into a corner before they do the right thing. One wonders why they do this when they are publically funded by us, the licence payers. Too much 'double standards' there.

The problem is that the entertainment industry exists in it's own world and the BBC despite all their attempts to be "moral" have to live within that world, where ratings and money are everything, how many degenerate film stars are there who in all other walks of life would have been kicked to the gutter but arent because they bring in the money, in how many normal jobs could people survive having killed a couple of kids while drunk driving? Hasn't made a great deal of difference other than the gap in his playing time to luke McCormick, Lee hughes hit someone in his car and left them to die, yet he's still playing football, i don;t understand why people trot out the "well if i did that i'd get sacked" drivel. I'm pretty certain if i used to be a crack dealer i wouldn't be 50 cent but thats not how the entertainment world works i'm afraid.

Hitting people is not a nice thing to do and really shouldn't be acceptable but why the BBC should hold it's employees to a higher standard than anyone else in the entertainment is frankly beyond me and will be how the BBC is finally killed off, it already struggles to show any decent tv because people get all upity when they spend money on well anything really, they got absolutely panned for paying large sums of money to show the first 2 series of 24, they barely show any sport anymore because people moan that they don't want to watch sport, i remember the days of grandstand on a saturday (can't say i was hugely interested in much of what they showed but liked the fact that they showed it) now they show sod all, other than MOTD the odd bit of rugby and some occasional F1 because people moan that what we all really want is another x factor clone.  If it wasnt for sky sports i would have no need for a tv licence as there is literally sod all tv i watch other than sport as i download the rest as it's all US tv shows.  Top gear was pretty much the only programme I actually watch on TV in the traditional sense, other than the sadly all to rare occasion when the BBC pulls its finger out and makes a decent documentary about something.

#145 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that the line he has really crossed is to start making jokes about the BBC's move to Manchester. He has mentioned it a couple of times now and its something they are very sensitive about. They are trying to cover up how much of a complete disaster and ongoing waste of money this 'cost-cutting' move has been. It costs a substantial amount more to do everything at the BBC now than it did before the move but they insist it was worth doing. The whole thing is a mess and the corporation is now in a right mess but they won't even admit it to themselves. Clarkson seems to have decided to make this one of his favourite subjects lately and I imagine that has added to his problems.

#146 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

Sad also to see the iconic still fit for purpose BBC Television Centre closed on a whim for short term budget cuts....

Phillip Schofield (and many others) who got his big break at Television Centre as a children's presenter 30 years ago, said the BBC's decision to sell was criminal.

"It is utterly shocking, it's outrageous, it's a critically appalling decision. It's an amazing building. London is desperately short of studio space. You can't find a studio.

It's purpose-built, it does everything you want television to do, so why don't we pull it down. It's criminal."

– Phillip Schofield

Edited by mab01uk, 28 March 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#147 peter-b

peter-b

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Local Club: still looking

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

I'll still watch TG whether he's on it or not. They tried an Australian 'Top Gear' over here and it bombed miserably, probably because everone expected it to have the same budget as the BBC one. JC's just another person that fame and fortune has gone to his head, shame really.

#148 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

Don't think the BBC are  planning on reformatting Top Gear until 2016. guess the tog gear reruns on Dave are going to get a lot more viewers than the bbc soon. 

#149 cooperdan

cooperdan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,729 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Its all about Dave!!

#150 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

Knock, Knock, Knock.
You can hear the sound of Quentin Wilson banging on the BBC doors trying to get his old job back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users