AVV IT

I am a shed dragger.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Nobody will have me!!

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

why are they still showing repeats of TG on bbc3?

I'd imagine it may be because the BBC already have the legal right to broadcast them, whereas there's probably some kind of financial/ contractual issue with them showing the remaining episodes of the current series, whilst Clarkson is suspended. I suppose there may also be more elements of typical Clarkson behaviour in those remaining eppisodes and with a disciplinary investigation currently going on, the BBC won't want to be seen to be condoning his behaviour by airing more previously unseen examples of this. Whereas those examples of controversial Clarkson behaviour on previous shows have already been aired and therefore are already in the public domain.

I'm still of the opinion that the whole thing is a carefully orchestrated publicity stunt. With a just handful of Top Gear episodes left to air, if the BBC really wanted to drop Clarkson they'd just not renew his contract in a few weeks time. What's more if Clarkson realy wanted the whole thing to blow over, he'd be keeping his head down at the moment. Instead he's put himself in the media spotlight again, claiming that London Taxi drivers are foreigners and their cabs smell of sick!

http://www.standard....k-10112713.html

#107 Miniminx71

Miniminx71

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:25 PM

I wonder what will happen to the Stig in all this.

Some say he's a Michelin starred chef but can only make cold meat salads ....

#108 mister bridger

mister bridger

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

I was under the impression the last three episodes are not being shown as the studio element is only filmed on the Wednesday  before transmission. Unless I have been misinformed.

#109 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

I was under the impression the last three episodes are not being shown as the studio element is only filmed on the Wednesday  before transmission. Unless I have been misinformed.

I believe that's true

#110 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

Yes it is, have seen them on the A3 loads on their way to the studio. Even raced James May when he was in the R500! Got a few seconds in a episode too ha ha

Quite why May and Hammond cant film the studio part is beyond me. Would of cost a bomb to film and edit then to pull it once its all been filmed. 90% completed then pull it as Clarksons in bother. Makes no sense

(Edit: tried adding the link of when i filmed them on the A3 . Wont come up!
On my youtube channel though!! )

Edited by mr3speed, 18 March 2015 - 05:47 PM.

#111 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

A guy at work and I joked that they should just do the last three episodes but use the Stig as a stand in for all the bits that need to be shot in the studio. This means the Stig should do exactly as Jeremy would but remain completely silent as always.

You can just imagine the star in a reasonably priced car bit. The guest trying to promote his/her latest film/album/whatever and the Stig just remaining completely silent not engaging in the conversation. After the lap has been done the Stig could just stick the label on the board and walk off, again saying absolutely nothing. In affect the celebrity would end up interviewing themselves.

Forgot to say. BBC. If you use this idea Dave who I work with and I both expect a royalty check in the post.

Edited by M J W J, 18 March 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#112 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

Top gear back in the day was mind numbingly dull. nobody and i mean nobody with a slight interest in cars has woken up after dreaming about owning a vw passat.

:lol:

It's actually true.

#113 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,827 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

JC's been sacked: http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...t-arts-31981751  Apparently.

#114 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

JC's been sacked: http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...t-arts-31981751  Apparently.

And if it meant that I would never have to see him or hear about him ever again, I would lend him my Austin Maestro to do his final lap in!  

#115 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local Club: GMOC

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

Lets have a BTCC driver take his place - somebody like Rob Austin - likes a pint or two, smokes like a lummy (I dont smoke myself) and he is funny as .....  says what he thinks and is a really nice guy too, talks to all the BTCC fans and has a joke - even when his car has just been totalled by someone on-track

#116 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,050 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

No-one is irreplaceable. It would not be hard to find a replacement who would soon become acceptable to the public.

#117 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

He hasn't been sacked yet as the final report is due to be passed to the head of the BBC next week who will then look at the evidence and make a decision. That's just JC getting attention. He may well get sacked, but I don't think it has happened just yet. 

#118 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,827 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Sounds like it's been decided, no more JC: http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-32052736

#119 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,903 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

Good. Hopefully he'll stay off TV and not danger the lives of his production crew by performing extravagant stunts abroad to get attention.

#120 carthorse

carthorse

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Not really surprised and not really bothered either. It's not the show it was in its heyday, episodes like the £10,000 Italian super car challenge were compulsive viewing and very funny. They didn't seem too staged either.
The last few series I've usually recorded them and watched them later skipping the bits which bored me....... Which thinking about it were a lot of the bits with Clarkson gobbling off about something!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users