Photo

Very Good Condition Shell With Roll Cage Plus Extras?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

Why would it need a IVA test by the way?

As it's had the front end/inner wings removed I believe. However, I'm pretty certain a lot of minis that have had fibreglass fronts put on haven't done an iva....

#17 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

Genuine Lol - 1K! The cage is worth that alone...

you would pay a grand for a second hand cage with no mention of whether he has the certificate or not? (Remind me to PM you when I have any parts for sale ;-) ). Full cages tend to fetch around £400-700 second hand, a cut about shell? Perhaps £200-300 if you find someone who wants it. You also have to remember that it would need the dreaded IVA to be used on the road and as a highly modified shell wouldn't be eligible for a lot of Motorsport disciplines as most are very prescriptive on what is and isn't alowed.

It is an approved fia safety device cage. I have the paper work for it plus it has the appropriate stickers attached.   

Say the cage is worth £600 second hand, shell worth £300 (I think that's a lil low) there's a lot more than £100 worth of spares with it!
then it comes down to what condition they are in, if all old and needing a refurb then £100 -£200 could be around the mark. If the seats are brand new, approved and with a long date and all the other bits are new/ really good then it's a lot more. Without extra info its Impossible to be spot on, but I based what I think it's worth based on several years of trawling ebay and the ads on here and looking at what stuff goes for. At the end of the day it's worth what someones is willing to pay for it and you could get lucky, but you could also put it up at 2k and still have it in a years time. Splitting it would get you more without a doubt but it's more hassle for you and you can say whether it's worth it for you to go down that route. It's very common for stuff to come on here where people have ideas of what stuff is worth based on what they have paid, no one is taking the nick, we are just basing our replies on what we have seen being sold before.

#18 fwdracer

fwdracer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: Mini7 Racing Club

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

Try Mini racing parts for sale group on Facebook.

#19 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

As it's had the front end/inner wings removed I believe. However, I'm pretty certain a lot of minis that have had fibreglass fronts put on haven't done an iva....
and the modified bulkhead and the tubbed rear arches. Add to that the fact that it wouldn't gain enough points on the System to retain the plate and the only LEGAL way to return it to the road is via an IVA test.

Midas - It's not scaremongering it's stating the law. I am sure there are cars out there that have escaped without issue but as TMF Staff I have to point out the legal position and that is black and white on this one.

#20 jt19

jt19

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

Try Mini racing parts for sale group on Facebook.

Thanks mate. I'll do that later.

#21 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

You might need an IVA test due to the modifications to the shell. The ERA turbo had a bulkhead box as standard, so can't see how they would argue about that to be honest, if it was fitted correctly. I don't think they would be too happy about the front end being chopped off though. :ermm:  :shy:

#22 jt19

jt19

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:27 PM

As said there's plenty of fibreglass fronted minis about.

Thanks for your help guys. I'll be sticking it in the for sale section soon.

#23 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

. My honest opinion, take valuations on this forum as a pinch of salt, they're rarely ever accurate.

The members here are not Parkers guide!

Anybody replying to a Valuations Thread is just giving an opinion.

If you ask me, Mini's and Mini parts prices are so up and down that it's hard to give an accurate to the penny valuation. Like has been said, the price depends on what any interested parties are willing to pay.

Personally i would try a higher price and then adjust accordingly or take offers then it's up to the OP what he decides to accept.

#24 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

Difficult to price. Much of the work to produce a race mini Shell complete but the bulkhead is butchered with the turbo box. Road V5 available - I'd say 3K

as it's been up for a while now at £1600 and still for sale I think it's safe to say that 3k was probably a bit optimistic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users