#196 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Local Club: Snowdon Mini's,Miniaddicts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:07 PM

:wales: what a show, I thoroughly enjoyed it and put some faces to some names too. I managed to get what I wanted, had a great laugh and saw some fantastic minis at the same time. Nice to meet you all and hope to see you again soon, hopefully see some more faces to go with the names :grin:

#197 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

:grin: well another forum meeting is over and i've put somemore faces to names.

On the way up we met up with Brawlyrox and Nicola, at a pub for some food, were we also met minimadjonsey, then onto the campsite, via a detour again :thumbsup: the camping was another great experiance after spending 30 min putting up the marque, :gasp: the wind took 10 seconds to put it on its roof :thumbsup: then after all the tents were up and food cooked and eaten, some beers drunk and solalizing done, it was just after nick (Brawlyrox) and nicola got to bed the wind picked up some more. and then just like the first meet we were pulling some tents down again while it was dark, but at least no rain this time and it was a bit earlier :dontgetit: :dontgetit:

sorry to all those we missed at the stand, with 3 kids you can't just sit around, plus the weather wasn't that good, the stand being were it was didn't help either, being so far away, and not having the marque up to hang the sign didn't help.

for those of you we did meet hi it was great to meet you, and both Sunshine and I hope you had as much fun there as we did, we did manage to find most of the small parts that you allways loose somehow, when rebuildind a car over such a long period.

the cavalcade was the best part for me, i had nick as a passenger and charlie brown in the back seat, the first lap was slow, but i did manage a few burn outs, when i had a spare 10 yards, and got bored so i started zigzagging around the course, shame it was only a small part i wanted to burn it up around all of it.

did do a full turn and hung out of the window, sitting on the drivers door for the second lap, by this time i had charlie sat in the front aswell doing the gears..

mark you missed a great event so i hope you and michelle had a good holiday hahahahaha :tongue: :tongue: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :grin: :grin:

#198 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:08 PM

That was the best mini show ever !, great to meet you all (that were there ), a big thank you to all that helped get me onto the stand with the film crew and thier cars at the last minuit
and thanks to Cowboy & Sunshine for sorting my lot out with the camp site :grin:
For me the sprint was the best bit , I was so proud to see my lad blast down the track at silverstone ! his best of 3 runs was 10.44
and then i managed 10.27 ...and i had all the camping gear and a big bottle of water(for the rad) on board ! oh and i hit 60 in 2nd gear :dontgetit:
just a shame my nitrous oxide wasent ready in time for the show !
keep watching the "flame red" thread in projects for future updates :grin: (if I ever find the time )

#199 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:14 PM

Great to hear about you son!

It was great to meet you lot form North Wales. :wales:

Any idea when the show will be on S4C?

#200 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:32 PM

:wales: no idea on the date of the prog yet , but i will keep you informed , they have to edit it and might need some more , they said they might want to see Paul fitting some of the bits he bought at the show . it should air in a couple of weeks .

#201 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:58 PM

Charlie Brown: Yeah you did wave, I think we were the only mini about when you passed us.........

Yeah a good show overall......... piggy bank is now empty!!!

#202 iceman

iceman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:08 PM

I'll second that!....great campsite,great show. :dontgetit: Bargain of the day for me was a 1960's map reading light(that works too!) for three quid!

Attached Files

#203 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:16 PM

had a great day until i went home, the bloody car alarm wouldn't switch off and i had to wait 3 hours to be recovered! Wanted to say thanks to fireman and his mate for all their help

#204 fireman-sam

fireman-sam

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Local Club: bucks mini club

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:09 PM

the camping was cool my kids loved the hole weekend
i got to talk far to much about turbos :dontgetit:
the gtm let us down a bit but it came in handy for minimad jonesy when it was raining as he sat with my mat till his aa truck got therelovely to meet all of you and thanks for the tools tipcat

#205 Mini Emwee

Mini Emwee

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:35 PM

It was Great! first mini in the park for me and ma mini. really enjoyed it. could of watched the sprints all day! loved the way the new minis didnt have a chance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users