Photo
- - - - -

Tyres Rubbing On Shock

Best Answer sonikk4 , 03 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

I don't see why it would be an issue to be honest. As long as you install the correct length studs then it should be fine.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

Only garbage spacers come with screw on studs. I wouldn't fit them to a shopping trolley. Do it properly and take the hub off put decent studs in it not that big a job. Avoid the ones with screw on studs like the plague.

#17 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

Ok, going to get the right studs then.

#18 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:15 AM

Here you go
http://www.minispare...|Back to search

You still need to buy the correct length studs though.

#19 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

Here you go
http://www.minispare...|Back to search

You still need to buy the correct length studs though.

Thanks man, need to see if I can get them locally before looking into importing (the exchange rate is crazy...)

#20 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:56 AM

Some of our locally produced models were factory fitted with 4.5 and 5" rims, as well as 165 Tyres. These models were factory fitted with the wider spacered Drums (they measure 1" thick) and of course wider drums, front and rear to keep the tracking correct.

Fitting 7.5" (or bigger) discs will have the same track as these wider spacered drums.

The rear shoes are 1-1/4" wide and twin leading shoe drums on the front had 1-1/2" wide shoes - they are different!

I would suggest in your case here Vinay, fitting the wider drums front and rear.

#21 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

Some of our locally produced models were factory fitted with 4.5 and 5" rims, as well as 165 Tyres. These models were factory fitted with the wider spacered Drums (they measure 1" thick) and of course wider drums, front and rear to keep the tracking correct.

Fitting 7.5" (or bigger) discs will have the same track as these wider spacered drums.

The rear shoes are 1-1/4" wide and twin leading shoe drums on the front had 1-1/2" wide shoes - they are different!

I would suggest in your case here Vinay, fitting the wider drums front and rear.

Thanks Moke Spider. Excellent advice and information as always. Oddly enough my car came as standard with 4.5" banded steel wheels and the previous owner of my car had fitted the optional 5" PEG Mistral wheels. I think they must have had a unique offset that ensured that there was no rubbing issues. I'm happy to hear that there shouldn't be an issue fitting spacered drums all around. Now I need to source some locally, hopefully it won't be impossible. 

Edited by Vinay-RS, 04 September 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#22 Mrpeanut

Mrpeanut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Local Club: Wessex MOC

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

I have the same setup as vinay (same wheels and brakes and want remain arch less).

Just so I'm clear, will the rears stick out too far with spacered drums? An extra inch is a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users