#16 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

Back to the roads, middle lane hoggers especially taxis. Why is the old bill not cracking down on this. Decent lane control means better flowing traffic. Meaning you will get to your destination quicker as well.

#17 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:56 PM

when you stop to give way to a police car and they don't bother to acknowledge.

What too special for that? 

#18 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

People who hijack threads with "I had exactly the same problem..." And then describe something completely differently.

It wouldn't happen on this forum.....but other forums that I post on :D

FS

#19 ace01

ace01

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:45 PM

People who have a dozen mates who say they agree/disagree with a particular subject and then go on to explain "my mate who is a solicitor"  to say that I am right and you are all wrong. Like you have conducted a straw poll of your imaginary mates. O_O   Whaaat are you on about....   And what is the relevance of your mate being a solicitor?  Thankfully not on this forum.

#20 SecretSugar

SecretSugar

Sweet!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

When you show someone a picture on your phone and they take it off you and start flicking through the album!

Edited by SecretSugar, 13 October 2015 - 03:09 PM.

#21 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

When you show someone a picture on your phone and they take it off you and start flicking through the album!

Then they see that one picture

We've all been there.... 

#22 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

People who dont notice me riding my bike when i've got my very bright light on and wearing a bright orange hi vis coat!

#23 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

Talking about bikes, motorbikes, those twin solid white lines means no overtaking. They are there for a reason, no exemptions.

#24 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

People who are quite happy to ******* you off and or make up complete ******* behind you back, to their friends, on Facebook etc. But don't have the balls to come out and say it directly to your face and act as if they never said anything.

#25 Spiffingly Good

Spiffingly Good

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:52 PM

Talking about bikes, motorbikes, those twin solid white lines means no overtaking. They are there for a reason, no exemptions.

The exemptions  ;D

Rule 129

Double white lines where the line nearest you is solid. This means you MUST NOT cross or straddle it unless it is safe and you need to enter adjoining premises or a side road. You may cross the line if necessary, provided the road is clear, to pass a stationary vehicle, or overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less. 

Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 26

#26 Spiffingly Good

Spiffingly Good

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

Cyclists who decide when and where there going to be a road user, I mean most can quote the highway code to you,but yet fail to follow it ? Red light means stop(even on a bicycle)   

#27 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,909 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

The exemptions  ;D

Rule 129

Double white lines where the line nearest you is solid. This means you MUST NOT cross or straddle it unless it is safe and you need to enter adjoining premises or a side road. You may cross the line if necessary, provided the road is clear, to pass a stationary vehicle, or overtake a pedal cycle, horse or road maintenance vehicle, if they are travelling at 10 mph (16 km/h) or less. 

Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 26

Not when there is a car there driving at the speed limit with traffic in front and traffic coming the other way. That is what i am on about. Not all do this but the minority.

#28 Spiffingly Good

Spiffingly Good

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

I guessed that i was just been pedantic for the sake of it...... Really gets my goat when people do that.

#29 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

Cyclists who decide when and where there going to be a road user, I mean most can quote the highway code to you,but yet fail to follow it ? Red light means stop(even on a bicycle)   

Completely agree, they become a pedestrian to get round the red light, then become a road user again.

They should all have insurance

#30 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 07:20 PM

Teenagers on mopeds that sit at the lights or at a junction constantly revving the engine... WHY??? Just let it tick over and then pull away when it's time to.

Boy racers in cars with loud exhausts that have to rev the engine right up as the pull slowly away.

Motorists that drive along a straight clear road with no turnings, no obstacles or other traffic ahead but constantly touch the brakes and drive at a hugely inconstant speed 20mph, 25mph, 15mph suddenly then back to 30 grrrrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users