#16 guywithvan

guywithvan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: MedwayMiniClub

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:00 PM

thanks for all the input people,much appreciated!.it's still on the drawing board at the moment,i would never ruin a perfectly good van guess works see my mini van in full rebuild section.not giving too much away but i,ve possibly got a pick up lined up which would be perfect as all the work i would have to do to strenghten it has already been carried out.the only prob is sourcing a reasonably priced subaru as a donor car!!!!!.have considered v-tec like ring mini,but possibly subaru estate as they are likely to be less thrashed than saloon/possibly lot cheaper!!

#17 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

Standard BHP on a scoobie is 225bhp, with prodrive up to 265bhp,

How do you get hold of Prodrive products?? I went to the Prodrive factory itself and was speaking to the lads that build Petter Solbergs WRC car. One of them has even been in Minimag with his white clubman. They told me that there's not a single product that leaves the factory that the general public can get hold of. Only specially sponsored privatiers can get hold of the cars.

Prodrive performance pack from your subaru dealers..

#18 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

Standard BHP on a scoobie is 225bhp, with prodrive up to 265bhp,

How do you get hold of Prodrive products?? I went to the Prodrive factory itself and was speaking to the lads that build Petter Solbergs WRC car. One of them has even been in Minimag with his white clubman. They told me that there's not a single product that leaves the factory that the general public can get hold of. Only specially sponsored privatiers can get hold of the cars.

Prodrive performance pack from your subaru dealers..

I see. Never thought of the performance upgrade from the factory. Can I just make one fact clear though.

This kit does not come from Banbury. Its just a kit that subaru produce and label as Prodrive. I look at production scoobies as completly different cars to the ones you see on the WRC stages since I walked around their workshops. So little of the original car is used its unbelievable.

By the way Guywithvan. Sounds like a wicked project mate. Dont put it down on paper, just go out there with a grinder and cut that body up to recieve that boxer engine!!!! ;D

Edited by Oldskoolbaby, 02 October 2006 - 10:31 PM.

#19 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:50 AM

http://members.dodo....ress_photos.htm

this is the link to the kiwi who did a suburu awd moke

#20 Boab

Boab

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Local Club: E*S*M*O*C

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:32 PM

Good idea, but you will need a really good strengthened body shell. Standard BHP on a scoobie is 225bhp, with prodrive up to 265bhp, and then any thing up to around 400bhp is possible by removing the TMIC and replacing with a FMIC, replacing the 16g Turbo for a 18g or 20g, stainless steel headers, the list goes on. Power and torque might not suit a standard mini shell, but with the right one, oooeerrrrrr.

Good Luck

ps, I own a Scoobie, and no, the engine is not for sale lol.

Where do you get your figures from? The Sti is 265bhp standard and 305 with the ppp (pro-drive performance package) a wrx is 225 as standard, the Sti engine has a stronger engine though and is capable of handling more power when modified

WRX is what I was quoting :w00t: mine :D

#21 retrodan

retrodan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: kentish mini's

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:15 PM

well it wont matter as there will still be loads of 'A' SERIES MINIS pushing you around town!!! plus i cant see it performing well around bends, 4 wheel drive and all that power in such a short wheel base will tip over, and that pulser mini looks worse than my daughters full nappies!!! plus aint it just a mini shell put on sunny chassis?!?!?! sorry for the rant, a mini is what u want it to be, but some are to far from the truth to be called a mini!!! :proud:*

#22 theoldtartspimp

theoldtartspimp

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Local Club: minis unlimited & sw-pc

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:40 PM

hi new to the forum just reading the thread i like the idea BUT just to shed light on a different aspect of it,
the engine
the scoob engine although a very good engine might not be the best choice for a mini as cooling might be a bit of a problem being the fact the turbo is sat on the offside of the engine 2 bores get warmer than the others causing a few problems along the way also if you do decide to change the turbo and other things the scoob lump isn't as tuneable as some of the other jap engines

if you want to go mental with it then the evo lump might work a bit better in a mini being of normal engine design cooling isn't as much of a problem still an issue but not as bad the engine is more tuneable and great amounts of mods are available

the only downside is you wouldn't have the scoob burble which is 1 of the nicest noises to come out of an engine

i'm thinking of making a toyota glanza engined mini but don't have the funds so i have been reading up on the different jap turbo engines

cheers dave

Good idea, but you will need a really good strengthened body shell. Standard BHP on a scoobie is 225bhp, with prodrive up to 265bhp, and then any thing up to around 400bhp is possible by removing the TMIC and replacing with a FMIC, replacing the 16g Turbo for a 18g or 20g, stainless steel headers, the list goes on. Power and torque might not suit a standard mini shell, but with the right one, oooeerrrrrr.

Good Luck

ps, I own a Scoobie, and no, the engine is not for sale lol.

Where do you get your figures from? The Sti is 265bhp standard and 305 with the ppp (pro-drive performance package) a wrx is 225 as standard, the Sti engine has a stronger engine though and is capable of handling more power when modified

WRX is what I was quoting :w00t: mine :-

is it at the wheels or fly
on paper the sti is 265bhp but thats at the flywheel i think never seen a standard scoob on the rollers push anywhere near that last 1 i saw was 232bhp at the wheels

#23 guywithvan

guywithvan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: MedwayMiniClub

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:55 PM

project on hold due to lack of cash!!,my van needs serious work so im concentrating on that for time being.

#24 BaDDoGNZ

BaDDoGNZ

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local Club: Auckland Mini Club

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

http://www.stiatv.co.nz/

WRX 2.0L STi ATV 4WD, 550kg and 170kw
Its not a mini, but im sure the tricks for fitting everything in such a tiny space could be useful maybe. Seen it in real life its pretty mint.
Also massive gallery on the page but sadly no build pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users