miniturbo1293

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Local Club: Bruuums minis

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

wait until you have to cut the bulkhead for the fitting of the turbo box
it frightened the hell out of me cutting that big hole with the angle grinder ;D

#32 Tomm

Tomm

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

Need to brush up (learn) to weld properly/better first haha. Also got to cut the crossmember at a angle right? What was your exsp[eriance on doing this? any advice? Found quite a few parts for sale on here that i would need like fuel regulator oil cooler and that.

Just about to read up on gearboxes now.

Been reading up on phils site about gear boxes, Would i be able to use the gearbox in my 998 as a very tempory mesure? The car wont be driven with this greabox apart from out of the garage which is a few meters? I know that this is not ideal and the gearbox will be changed for when the car is going to be driven on the road but would i be able to use this gearbox?

I will also need a suitable cylinder head, what do i want to get and how much will it cost me?

Tomm...

Edited by tomm, 15 September 2006 - 11:17 PM.

#33 miniturbo1293

miniturbo1293

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Local Club: Bruuums minis

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:07 AM

it was horrible cutting the bulkhead
what i did was roughly measure the turbo box and then mark it out on the bulkhead
using a thin cutting disc i cut abot 20mm short of the dimensions then took the rest of bit by bit checking the box every time
if you read up on turbophils site i'm sure ther are some pics on there if not do a search on turbominis you will see there what you have to do
as for the gearbox i'm not sure but i cant see it doing any harm short term but if there is i'm sure somebody will correct me
try to get hold of a turbo head if poss as for cost i've no idea keep a look on the forum and ebay

#34 Tomm

Tomm

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:34 AM

Yeh will do, the turbo i am after is still being rebuilt but i am in no rush to get it. My only problem is i do not know what i will need apart from thegearbox, head, flywheel and gearbox and the other list of things i metioned previously.

Also see you are after a push start aswell, i see it and just had to have one.

Tomm

#35 Tomm

Tomm

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:32 PM

Still rather stuck on what kind of head to get. I just want some thing to get the engine running on first of all so i dont want anything mega performance.

can hopefully collect my new turbo the weekend after this if all goes to plan.

Also...

tomm

Edited by tomm, 18 September 2006 - 08:37 PM.

#36 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:58 PM

if you just want the engine running then get a standard turbo cylinder head and keep the boost down to a sensible level. If you want to spend a bit more money then get a stage 2 morspeed head with whatever size chambers you need to drop your CR down to a suitable level for more boost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users