#16 JuaniKart

JuaniKart

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Local Club: Audley End Mini Club

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:04 PM

i keep hearing about rolling roads.. how accurate are they really? i mean any change in data will make a huge difference! the atmospheric pressure at 9 in the morning will not be the same at 12! and changing the data to fit the spec shouldnt be to hard to cheat.. i kno this because i own a dyno for go-karting and i simply laugh every time i read miniworld taking about "3 hp increase" lol, comparing 1 car to another at the same time then yes, you can tell which one is really faster... thats how they do it in F-1 and other motorsport (Karting too).

#17 ANDY J

ANDY J

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

yeah i had an aaa on my 998 with similar setup...

how did that run?

so what am i going for?
AAM?
AAU?
AAA?

because i think im just gonna order AAU? as that seemes to come in the stage1 kit?!?!?!

hi yes a AAA is for a stage 1 kit with cone type K&N OR smiler when i fitted a stage 1 kit to the misses mini and not the needle in ran ok? but not brill then i bought the AAA needle from a show and what a difference it made i had to weaken the mixture right off and it picked up a lot quicker than it ever has before and pulled harder so it pays to get the right 1 for the car set up :proud:

#18 stef

stef

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:04 AM

well yeh thats what i'd say, AAA purely because im sure the other two are for use with the standard airbox. then again, they'll probably all work so it dont really matter if your getting it rr'd

#19 nomininolife

nomininolife

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Mates

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:40 AM

I have a similar problem on our 998, I fitted a stage 1 kit and ever since it has idled at 10-1100 revs. When we took it to the rolling road they couldn't do anything about it.
I have found for some strange reason, if I remove the oil breather hose the revs drop and I can set a proper idle speed. I dont know why this should happen, so I am thinking of putting one of those little filters on the outlet of the breather its-self.

David

#20 minipip

minipip

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Local Club: TMF SE

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:04 AM

so to clarify, an AAU is for use with the standard air box, but because im using the cone filter i need an AAA?
sor friday morinnig i will order an AAA needle for it, anone want to add anething to that b4 friday? lol

just read in mini world they where instaling a stage 1 kit this month, and there usuing an AAA needle for just using a k&n filter not a cone!? now im confused!

a lot of people have been using an AAU and the minispares kit comes with an AAU so i may just order that one?!?

oh im all confused now :'(

Edited by minipip, 12 September 2006 - 12:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users