3 replies to this topic

#1 GreenFrog

GreenFrog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

I'm currently running 6x10" ET13 Wellers, known as MS130S, with cooper S 7,5" Brakes.

Now I'm planning to fit KAD 7,9" vented brakes, but I would like to keep my rims. Does anyone have some experiences with this combination?

#2 Montmorency

Montmorency

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

I'm currently fitting KaD 7.9 vented with the KaD 4 pot calipers on a set of 10x6 Minilites (genuine).

I know not exactly the answer you are looking for in terms of the wheel fitment, but I thought I would keep you posted on my progress as I am currently in contact with both UK Classic Parts and KaD as either the new all disc type hubs are built with more metal on the side the disc sits or the KaD discs have not been machined to fit the standard drive flange as it claims they are on their site and speaking to KaD directly on the phone.

At the moment the KaD 7.9 vented disc presses against the new hub top and bottom when using a standard 8.4 disc drive flange, so won't spin freely.

So far KaD have been great on their customer support and the quality of the products are excellent, so I would be surprised if it turns out to be a dodgy batch of discs.

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,984 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

I'm currently fitting KaD 7.9 vented with the KaD 4 pot calipers on a set of 10x6 Minilites (genuine).

I know not exactly the answer you are looking for in terms of the wheel fitment, but I thought I would keep you posted on my progress as I am currently in contact with both UK Classic Parts and KaD as either the new all disc type hubs are built with more metal on the side the disc sits or the KaD discs have not been machined to fit the standard drive flange as it claims they are on their site and speaking to KaD directly on the phone.

At the moment the KaD 7.9 vented disc presses against the new hub top and bottom when using a standard 8.4 disc drive flange, so won't spin freely.

So far KaD have been great on their customer support and the quality of the products are excellent, so I would be surprised if it turns out to be a dodgy batch of discs.

you need to use the drive flanges for the Vented discs,

#4 Montmorency

Montmorency

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:27 PM

you need to use the drive flanges for the Vented discs,

Thanks nicklouse,

I've ordered some modified vented drive flanges to give it a go as I suspect that will work, but I did re-confirm with KaD over the phone what parts I would require and their website clearly states that :-

'These discs are machined with the correct off-set to use the standard Mini drive flange, unlike others on the market.'

http://www.kentautod...rooved-face-7.9

Will let you know how I get on hopefully tomorrow if the vented drive flanges arrive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users