#17 JBW

JBW

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

I've pm'd Mike, but notice he's in Texas.

At the risk of sounding a bit dumb, but I don't know if the USA cars are different to UK in the wires, but I'd like to know what the relays on the drivers side inner well are, and the two on the passenger side of the bulkhead.

Also would like a wiring diagram for the 93 SPI I'm trying to get going after many years sat in a garage.  The engine starts and runs, but nothing else works. There may be a fuse hidden somewhere that I can't find, or a dud relay.

Thanks in advance for helping a desperate man. :ohno:

You can find the full manual AKM7169 for Carb. & SPI models from '92 to '96 at,

http://miniscene-unt...anual_92-96.pdf

This will help you to identify the relays, my Carb one has 2 on the bulkhead for starter & cooling fan, just 1 on the inner wing for the horn, so different to the SPI.

Hope this helps.

#18 greenwheels

greenwheels

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

At the risk of sounding a bit dumb, but I don't know if the USA cars are different to UK in the wires, but I'd like to know what the relays on the drivers side inner well are, and the two on the passenger side of the bulkhead.

Also would like a wiring diagram for the 93 SPI I'm trying to get going after many years sat in a garage.  The engine starts and runs, but nothing else works. There may be a fuse hidden somewhere that I can't find, or a dud relay.

Does this help   http://www.cantymini...al_cdxn990e.pdf

#19 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

I PM'd you back. My Mini is an 89 Japan spec car. I have a sort of OCD thing about collecting data about things I like so. Anything I find on the web, I save. If I find a PDF manual that covers Classic Minis. It doesn't matter to me if it doesn't cover my particular Mini I save it anyway.

#20 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

This will help you to identify the relays, my Carb one has 2 on the bulkhead for starter & cooling fan, just 1 on the inner wing for the horn, so different to the SPI.

Hope this helps.
Well that makes my PM moot. 😁

Edited by Mike L, 17 March 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#21 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:25 PM

Hope this helps.
Well that makes my PM moot.
I tried the link directly to the repair manual. It didn't want to open. I tried going to the down load page and that opened ok. http://miniscene-unterfranken.de.

Oops. Just tried that link. It goes to their main page. Go to the Info & Download page you can get it from there.

Edited by Mike L, 17 March 2017 - 10:29 PM.

#22 RodO2

RodO2

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the help guys. It's now time for a few hours with a multimeter.

Cheers,

Rod.

#23 rodandtom

rodandtom

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

Guys would ye have a wiring diagram for a 1994 mini Sprite . Thanks !

The Haynes manual is pretty good for that.

#24 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:17 PM

I added the redrawn wire diagrams from the Rover repair manual AKM 7169 1992 - 1996

#25 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

Added Hornet and Elf wire diagrams

#26 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Added these wire diagrams

MINI 1000 SALOON (CANADA) TO 1976

MINI 850 DE-LUXE SALOON, VAN, AND PICKUP WITH ALTERNATOR & ROCKER SWITCHES

MINI 1000 SPECIAL DE-LUXE SALOON WITH ALTERNATOR AND ROCKER SWITCHES

MINI CLUBMAN SALOON AND ESTATE WITH ALTERNATOR AND ROCKER SWITCHES

MINI 1275 GT WITH ALTERNATOR AND ROCKER SWITCHES

#27 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Added diagrams From the AUSTRALIAN Workshop Manual Supplement
Publication TP 759 A Issued May 1969
Supplement to AKD 4935 A

:-)

#28 dawi03

dawi03

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hope this helps.
I tried the link directly to the repair manual. It didn't want to open. I tried going to the down load page and that opened ok. http://miniscene-unterfranken.de.

Oops. Just tried that link. It goes to their main page. Go to the Info & Download page you can get it from there.

Due to you having a 89 mini ( I have a 88 Jap spec) Have you found a repair manual at all for our air conned minis? Ive been looking everywhere

#29 Mike L

Mike L

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Hope this helps.
Due to you having a 89 mini ( I have a 88 Jap spec) Have you found a repair manual at all for our air conned minis? Ive been looking everywhere

I've been looking for a Japanese supplement manual. I haven't found one yet.

#30 rider4life

rider4life

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

cheers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users