Oh and I really like the black and white interior

#62 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

I've only just twigged this is right hand drive.

That will be fun for you in a tiny car in amongst the average oversized American cars.....

time for that roll cage  O_O

This is the second RHD vehicle I've owned.  I love the uniqueness it brings to the car here in the U.S.  There are some things that obviously take a little doing though.  Drivethrus, turning left at a light with a car opposite turning left also, etc.  But, I drive very defensively in this baby because it is so small compared to the SUV kingdom I live in.  As far as a roll cage goes.....I've read pros and cons on the matter, and I really don't know what I think of adding one.  If someone wants to chime in on their thoughts for my particular situation (living in the U.S. with HUGE vehicles swarming around me) I'd love to hear them.

#63 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

That interior looks really nice! If you don't mind me asking, what is the metal bracket that's bolted to the floor just behind the gear selector? 

Thanks!  Here is the link to the cupholder.  I'm on the fence about it honestly.  I don't drink cans of soda and that is about all it could hold with the seat where it is.  Also, it prevents the passenger seat from flipping forward all the way to allow entry into the rear.  So....I will see once I get the car out and about if I want to keep it or not.

Oh haha, I couldn't tell that it was a cup holder. Personally, I think a Mini's suspension is too bouncy for any drinks to not spill. Plus if they did, it'd ruin that lovely carpet. 

#64 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

That interior looks really nice! If you don't mind me asking, what is the metal bracket that's bolted to the floor just behind the gear selector? 

Thanks!  Here is the link to the cupholder.  I'm on the fence about it honestly.  I don't drink cans of soda and that is about all it could hold with the seat where it is.  Also, it prevents the passenger seat from flipping forward all the way to allow entry into the rear.  So....I will see once I get the car out and about if I want to keep it or not.

Oh haha, I couldn't tell that it was a cup holder. Personally, I think a Mini's suspension is too bouncy for any drinks to not spill. Plus if they did, it'd ruin that lovely carpet. 

I agree on the not wanting it to ruin the carpet.  I just like to make short runs to the gas station to get me a soda every once in a while.  Holding it in my lap while trying to shift isn't ideal, so I am trying to find an alternative and this holder isn't going to cut it.  Or maybe I just need to stop drinking soda all together. LOL!

Edited by MasterD78, 31 October 2017 - 04:40 PM.

#65 73MkIII

73MkIII

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

You see the obvious answer here is drink it at the gas station or wait until you get home to drink it...

#66 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Have you seen this idea for a cup/can holder?

http://www.theminifo...hl= cup holder

#67 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:38 AM

Have you seen this idea for a cup/can holder?

http://www.theminifo...hl= cup holder

That is a great idea.  Unfortunately I kind of like the clean look around my shift boot.  The holder I have now is very sleek looking and tucked out of the way (obviously too tucked for what I'm looking for) but that is what drew me to it.  The more I think about it, the more I believe I am just going to take the one I have now off and go all stock with no holder.  One of the things I really enjoy about the car is that it has no bells and whistles.  I'm not putting in a stereo, no ac, I've debated on taking out the heater, just plain and simple.  If I get desperate though down the road this will be on the mod list, so thanks for showing that to me. 

#68 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:06 AM

A little update.  I've done a little more cosmetic work and have started putting the engine bay back together.  I know some might not like what I've done, but I think it looks fantastic.  I've also got a couple new fun things headed this way to add even more crazy to my car.  What do you all think?

BEFORE

3046B279-F4FF-4004-B2C4-A55A1A23E54F_zps

AFTER

DD58AB6D-7938-4803-8078-2AB1812DB191_zps

I was going to paint the rocker cover white to go with the black and white theme, but after sanding down the original cover I decided I really liked this look.  So I cleaned it up good and gave it a few coats of clear.

8BF20C3B-3909-4E9D-9D65-4664A8F8073D_zps

And obviously I don't have everything all mounted up and connected.  I just wanted to share where I was at right now.

#69 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:07 AM

Thanks to some input and help from the forum, I was finally able to get the passenger side brakes 95% installed.  Just a few things to button up on that side and then off to the drivers side and hopefully by next week I can have the car on all four wheels again.  Hasn't been on all four for exactly a year today.

8B82B1F9-2035-464D-9250-41732246305B_zps

#70 lawrence

lawrence

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

This is turning out quite nice, I do like the interior and the engine bay is well shiny, big fan of the gold heat shield I'm assuming!

#71 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

Thanks to some input and help from the forum, I was finally able to get the passenger side brakes 95% installed.  Just a few things to button up on that side and then off to the drivers side and hopefully by next week I can have the car on all four wheels again.  Hasn't been on all four for exactly a year today.

Shiny new suspension components always look great! Top work. 

#72 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

This is turning out quite nice, I do like the interior and the engine bay is well shiny, big fan of the gold heat shield I'm assuming!

Thanks! Yes its gold foil heat shield, and honestly i didnt know if Id like it because i really am not a huge fan of gold. But now with it in I actually really like the look.

Shiny new suspension components always look great! Top work.
Thanks, and yes i totally agree that the new components look great. Looking forward to continuing giving updates because I have some other goodies on the way!

Edited by MasterD78, 12 November 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#73 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:50 PM

Thought I'd share my newest addition!  Still working on putting the car back together, but this is just another piece of eye candy!  It was shipped quickly and arrived in perfect shape.  The quality is fantastic, and it looks amazing.  I bought it from retroroofracks!  What are your thoughts?

IMG_7314_zps2zyioudi.jpg

IMG_9053%202_zps3fwuqyzb.jpg

IMG_3470_zpsvvq9mqaz.jpg

IMG_7551_zpsy0nbayst.jpg

Edited by MasterD78, 27 November 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#74 Purplemini1972

Purplemini1972

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local Club: Vancouver Mini Club

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

That is really cool! I wonder what the weight limit might be?

#75 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

That roof racks great!

Nice work on the brakes, looks smart under there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users