34 replies to this topic

#16 WillCarter

WillCarter

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:53 AM

I mentioned about putting in a 1380 so a non standard engine as the mod but then when I was talking to Adrian Flux they said that I still had the car down as a 1 litre even though I told them it would be a 1380. I don't think there's any way to actually change the engine size on the comparison websites so maybe they were just making excuses. So after half an hour on the phone to them all they could say was sorry, we can't insure you. I'll make a few more calls today and see what other companies can offer and let you all know. Seems a bit of a wind up to me at the moment though.

#17 psmini

psmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

Been with Flux for years.  My Paul Smith was vandalised and stripped in a lock up garage in 2012 and they were great!  I got more than I was expecting, the claims handler was really sympathetic and they paid out immediately.  I've used Lancaster who I thought were terrible, went straight back to Adrian Flux and I've been happy with the renewal cost and service for my modified Mayfair.

#18 WillCarter

WillCarter

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Just phoned HIC and they're apparently the ones that handle the flux direct quote, same price as I was quoted so it's all good!

#19 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

Just phoned HIC and they're apparently the ones that handle the flux direct quote, same price as I was quoted so it's all good!

I'm pleased HIC worked for you, I use them and they're very good. The agreed value policy is no hassle and well worth the extra £15.

#20 WillCarter

WillCarter

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

I'm pleased HIC worked for you, I use them and they're very good. The agreed value policy is no hassle and well worth the extra £15.

Now it's just time to do some mods!

#21 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

Nice one! Is that all the mods your previously said declared? Might have to try them for my 1.8 swap then

#22 WillCarter

WillCarter

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

Nice one! Is that all the mods your previously said declared? Might have to try them for my 1.8 swap then

Flared wheel arches

Alloy wheels

Wider tyres

Wider wheels

Non-standard engine

uprated brakes

braided brake hoses

spot lights

dashboard changes

sports steering wheel

Upholstery changes

Sunroof

removal of seats

roll bars

replacement seats

suspension changes

exhaust system changes

air filter

Edited by WillCarter, 27 April 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#23 JessH

JessH

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Local Club: EastAnglianPracticalClassics

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

Have just rung Adrian Flux who my mini is already insured with. I asked if putting in a Webasto sunroof, professionally fitted (cutting holes in roof is out of my comfort zone) and fitting the Italian job bar, 3 spots and 2 fogs would up the premium? I had read on the internet that it would, so thought I'd best check.

She went off for a while, came back, and said one off admin charge of £30 for adding details to policy, but no increase in premium now or subsequently! Very happy about that.

I know car has the bar/lamps on in the photo, but they have been off for a while due to excess wobbling, next time they'll get the bracket to the bonnet catch area, now I've seen how the bar should be fitted at shows.

Edited by JessH, 29 August 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#24 WillCarter

WillCarter

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Im not sure how relevant this modification list is today but I doubt it will have changed much.

Attached Files

#25 Magnetagz

Magnetagz

Formally know as MagnetizedMINI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

I always hear good things about Adrian flux, but they screwed me lol

#26 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:41 PM

Now you have our interest I think you need to explain.

#27 Magnetagz

Magnetagz

Formally know as MagnetizedMINI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Now you have our interest I think you need to explain.

I made an error when getting a quote on the details of an previous incident, it was not settled but I put not my fault... as it wasn't and they cancelled my insurance. I called them to clear things up and the guy was really rude and just started accusing me of fraud and had no intentions of helping. My insurance went up around £500 due to having previous cancelled insurance.

Edited by Magnetagz, 04 January 2018 - 09:13 PM.

#28 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

I used to work for Flux, admittedly in the motorbike department and only for 6 months or so. They always seemed like a reasonably honest company to me, there certainly wasnt any intentional screwing over of customers that I was ever encourage to do.
The most common problem I used to get was people getting quotes on comparison sites and answering a question wrong or when you call up we had to ask extra questions which if answered wrong would up the rate..

Eitherway I called them today and insured my bog standard city e for £86 +£39 for breakdown. Im 26, nil no claims to us as thats on my daily car
Only restriction was Im limited to 2000 miles
Hassle free quote and purchase over the phone, didnt tell them I used to work there so got no special treatment. Cant complain

#29 gadget555

gadget555

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

Sorry to thread jump, but I've just insured my heavily modified 16v K series mini with Adrian Flux and they have been very helpful (just trying to remember all the repairs I have done and the list of mods on the declaration form).

Engine from a 2002 MG TF 160

K Maps remapped ECU (pops and bangs on the over run)

U prated PG1 gearbox with Quaife LSD fitted

K & N free flow filter

Hard pipe induction kit

Watson's Rally K series conversion kit

MGF 240mm grooved discs & calipers

Mintex 1144 front pads

Braided brake lines throughout

Brake bias vale fitted to rear brakes

Half roll cage

ABS motor sports fibre glass front and Bonnet

Curley Miglia wide arches

Rover metro 6 spoke alloys

Full seats from a Honda prelude

2" free flow Fletcher exhaust

Super minifin rear drums

MK 1 rear lamp conversion

MPI tank

various body panels replaced with heritage panels

Painted in 2k

Fully comp for me and the Mrs, agreed value of £8000, limited millage of 7500, all for the pricely sum of £194  ;D

Edited by gadget555, 05 March 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#30 JPN173

JPN173

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:17 PM

i found its best of calling the insurance companies as they are typically cheaper over the phone compared to the sites

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users