#61 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:25 PM

shift yer a*se and do something then Jammy!

That manifold is NICE!

#62 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

A whole project started and finished before I've even changed a sill. Now thats depressing! :'(

next one i start next month will be quicker :(

Edited by 16vmini, 18 February 2007 - 03:14 PM.

#63 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

For some time now i have been looking at building a more user friendly mini for the wife as we are downsizing one of our cars and buying an MPV for the kids school run etc and want something we can use day to day.
After reading the article in Mini mag this month on Allspeed's 16v vauxhall conversion and seeing this come together aswell all in a std steel round nose as this is my No1 priority if i were to embark on this project.
I just need to have a ride in both examples to weigh up the pro's and cons of both engines.
Allspeed isn that far from me really but your a little more than a day out as i fancied coming down to your open day for a look round.
I have spent hours reading peoples comments on the 16v forum but like i did when i done the Z-cars route i need a demo to make sure its the right decision.
Good luck with the rest of the build and keep the pics coming.

Cheers

#64 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

well come down for the open day .. if all goes well the owner might take you out :( .. but allspeed does not have that engine any more , he's got a 1.4 8v in his now

Matt

#65 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

well come down for the open day .. if all goes well the owner might take you out :( .. but allspeed does not have that engine any more , he's got a 1.4 8v in his now

Matt

Thanks for the invite,
Ref: the allspeed feature car, i reads as if that were his new demo vehicle? Or was the feature done a while ago and he has now sold it?
8v vauxhall could be an option as it appears easier to fit and a lot less expensive?
Or am i wrong?
The only problem im having at the moment is finding a suitable donor car that doesnt need a full rebuild for sensible money!!

Cheers

#66 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:52 PM

Matt

Thanks for the invite,
Ref: the allspeed feature car, i reads as if that were his new demo vehicle? Or was the feature done a while ago and he has now sold it?
8v vauxhall could be an option as it appears easier to fit and a lot less expensive?
Or am i wrong?
The only problem im having at the moment is finding a suitable donor car that doesnt need a full rebuild for sensible money!!

Cheers

the review was done awhile ago ..but he has the same car .. just changed back to a 8v ... yes the 1.6/1.4 8v's are a little old now and hard to find with low mileage .. but really are not expensive to get a rebuild.

and yes they are the cheapest/easy route for a std round nose mini . allthough the 1.6/1.8 is getting easy .. just not cheap :crazy:

Matt

#67 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

8v maybe more sensible for the wife anyway but im getting carried away like i did with the z-cars mini,
I reckon if i didnt have the busa i would have no hesitation in putting a stonker in a std mini.
Will keep lookin and listening.

Cheers

#68 Mincento

Mincento

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:08 AM

Got to say Matt damn impressed when i saw the allspeed 1.6 8v in a standard front at Bingley hall 06 i was amazed but to fit a type R lump in a standard legth front is some bloody achievement :angel: the only problem i would have with the conversion is justifying the huge cost but i suppose this could be argued with all conversions

good luck finnishing it and look forward to the finnished pics and possibly seeing it at a show this year :wub:

wayne

#69 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

small vid of engine starting up :

http://video.google....424125923491379

and yes i know its "hunting" :wink:

#70 sa_mini

sa_mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:09 AM

I'm getting really really really impatient.How i would love to see the end product, hurry PLEASE.

#71 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:41 PM

took it for a drive around the car park yesterday ... hopfully will be 98% done for the open day on saturday :wink:

Matt

#72 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

#73 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

Any full views at all Matt or are you just teasing us for now?

#74 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

come over to the open day :shifty:

#75 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

When and where is it? I might need to buy some bits for the C16 anyway :shifty:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users