50 replies to this topic

#16 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

Thanks. Can you get photos of how the frame is mounted to the car as well? Looks different to mine where it mounts to the floor

Sorry for the delay had had a night out on sat folllwed by a day of dying lol.

#17 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

hope these are helpful. i currently have the front frame unbolted and sitting at the side. Where the frame bolts on the bulk head is the be addressed hoping to get to that at some point this week

#18 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

Some updates. so far i've been able to remove whole front so the fabrication issue can be addressed. removed all the copper piping and rad from the rear. Removed the pedals and tidied up some of the bilk head including box section for inlet manifold.

Attached Files

#19 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

Attached Files

Edited by paulpizza, 12 August 2019 - 08:38 PM.

#20 geachy87

geachy87

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Looking at it, you’re probably better replacing the mini suspension arms with the proper metro/mgf arms and hubs etc for the frame, it’ll handle much better. Then you can run the Watson’s rally spacers on the rear to bring the rear track out to meet the front.
You’re better running as big a positive offset as you can as well, the metro wheels are around +52, your mini wheels you have now will probably be -7 which will make for some strange handling

#21 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:47 PM

Rear axle fabrication :gimme:

Attached Files

#22 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

was having trouble finding discs to fit the hubs i had so had to machine the hubs machined to fit a set of lupo gti discs

Attached Files

#23 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:07 PM

Looking at it, you’re probably better replacing the mini suspension arms with the proper metro/mgf arms and hubs etc for the frame, it’ll handle much better. Then you can run the Watson’s rally spacers on the rear to bring the rear track out to meet the front.
You’re better running as big a positive offset as you can as well, the metro wheels are around +52, your mini wheels you have now will probably be -7 which will make for some strange handling

Unfortunately i dont have huge experience in that field. the only reason i took on the project is because i had my brother in law who owns his own motor sport company to guide me. I wasnt a huge fan of the beam axle that came with the car and after seeing some of the things hes made in the past i wanted my own custom one to ad some zaz to the car. the axle was completed today just some minor adjustments to house the coilovers into the archers left

#24 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

Some cnc plasma cutting for the calipers to bolt onto :D

Attached Files

#25 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

All done. ps its upside down its supposed to say smm not wws :lol:

Attached Files

#26 geachy87

geachy87

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:28 PM

Unfortunately i dont have huge experience in that field. the only reason i took on the project is because i had my brother in law who owns his own motor sport company to guide me. I wasnt a huge fan of the beam axle that came with the car and after seeing some of the things hes made in the past i wanted my own custom one to ad some zaz to the car. the axle was completed today just some minor adjustments to house the coilovers into the archers left

Just seen the axle there, your brother in law certainly knows what he’s doing??

I have the same subframe but I bought it already converted from Watson’s rally, currently have a 1.8 turbo K series in it, I went for standard metro arms and spacers for the rear.

Looking forward to seeing more updates on yours

#27 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Just seen the axle there, your brother in law certainly knows what he’s doing

I have the same subframe but I bought it already converted from Watson’s rally, currently have a 1.8 turbo K series in it, I went for standard metro arms and spacers for the rear.

Looking forward to seeing more updates on yours

Thanks mate :highfive: . hope i can keep the pace up as i dont want it falling back into the position it came from. lucky im in the position where i have my brother inlaw behind me. Im paying him along the way so i dont become a pain in the  :xxx: and he has overheads ect.

#28 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

Dry fit of axle. Before we done the cnc plasma cutting for the calipers i didnt know what calipers i would be using so i pinched the rear set from the nissan pulsar donor car i have for another project. worked a treat

Attached Files

#29 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:09 PM

Wheel on :proud:

Attached Files

#30 paulpizza

paulpizza

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:18 PM

Last one for today. So for mounting suspension i thought he would just make a small bracket and bolt onto the arches but he insisted on making little turrets and welding them in :shifty:. back to the plasma cutter. these were made and will be welded in tomorrow  :shades: 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users