124 replies to this topic

#91 alchall

alchall

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 05:01 PM

Hi guys, finally finished of the oil catch tank today, and received the 220cc injectors, will get them fitted tomorrow. Getting close to been able to start to build her up, as I've done most of the fabrication work, only to do the brackets for the oil cooler.

attachicon.gif image.jpeg

attachicon.gif image.jpeg
Some of these injector bodies look a little second hand, think I will contact the seller about them, and get them replaced, considering their supposed to be new!!

I decided to pay extra for Bosch injectors to be on the safe side, hopefully they work well for you though, they look ok in that photo.

Catch tank looks good!

#92 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: IMOG

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:49 PM

Decided to send the injectors back today, wasn't happy with condition of them, considering they are supposed to be new.

Attached File  image.jpeg   59.05K   2 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   29.97K   1 downloads

#93 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 04:20 PM

I'd have done the same, those definitely look used. They probably would have been ok but better to be safe than sorry. Did you buy those through the link I posted in the other thread the other day? 

#94 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 06:18 PM

I'd have done the same, those definitely look used. They probably would have been ok but better to be safe than sorry. Did you buy those through the link I posted in the other thread the other day?

Unfortunately yes, just hope I don't have any problems getting a refund, because he was making assumptions that I damaged them.

#95 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:20 AM

Unfortunately yes, just hope I don't have any problems getting a refund, because he was making assumptions that I damaged them.

Ah man that sucks. Those are the ones I ordered which turned up new in their boxes, so something definitely isn't right. Hope you get it sorted.

#96 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:41 AM

Ah man that sucks. Those are the ones I ordered which turned up new in their boxes, so something definitely isn't right. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers Chris.

Been doing a bit of digging on the Internet, turns out they are not 220cc anyway, that Bosch injector code is for 190cc injectors, anyway found another two retailers that sell them.

#97 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:52 AM

Cheers Chris.

Been doing a bit of digging on the Internet, turns out they are not 220cc anyway, that Bosch injector code is for 190cc injectors, anyway found another two retailers that sell them.

Oh right that's interesting! Now I'm wondering what mine really are! Seems to run OK with them  O_O

#98 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:11 PM

Cheers Chris.

Oh right that's interesting! Now I'm wondering what mine really are! Seems to run OK with them  O_O

This is one of the sites, but most of them all state these injectors are 190cc, which is good upto 136bhp.

Attached File  image.jpeg   32.17K   1 downloads

#99 alchall

alchall

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:15 PM

interestingly this discussion had led me to a different Bosch part number - 0280 156 347

Generally all the Bosch injectors seem to be rated as g/min rather than cc/min so you need to covert, petrol I believe to be somewhere between 715 and 775 g/litre.

For part number 884 I have done a quick search and they seem to have a flow rate in g/min of 137 and that would equate to 190cc/min using the lower end of the conversion, therefore that sellers info in cc/min appears to be accurate and I can use this as a good benchmark.

Anyway for part number 347 I can only find ratings in g/min and that is rated 150 g/min, if I use the same conversion it comes to 210cc/min.

As far as I can tell the stock injectors on the bike were 150cc for both LT and RS variants so I am guessing that unless your going forced induction either of these would be suitable for all our applications.

#100 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 04:35 PM

interestingly this discussion had led me to a different Bosch part number - 0280 156 347

Generally all the Bosch injectors seem to be rated as g/min rather than cc/min so you need to covert, petrol I believe to be somewhere between 715 and 775 g/litre.

For part number 884 I have done a quick search and they seem to have a flow rate in g/min of 137 and that would equate to 190cc/min using the lower end of the conversion, therefore that sellers info in cc/min appears to be accurate and I can use this as a good benchmark.

Anyway for part number 347 I can only find ratings in g/min and that is rated 150 g/min, if I use the same conversion it comes to 210cc/min.

As far as I can tell the stock injectors on the bike were 150cc for both LT and RS variants so I am guessing that unless your going forced induction either of these would be suitable for all our applications.

Yeah, that's mostly what I found trawling through the inter web. As you said, the 884 should be more than suitable for my engine.

#101 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:05 PM

Hi guys, after spending a wee bit of time in the garage this afternoon I managed to fabricate the brackets to mount the oil cooler. Due to it been a bit tighter than I originally thought, the oil cooler has to be upside down to clear the ITG filter and starter, hopefully this shouldn't be an issue, unless anyone thinks of one, please let me know as I will be mounting it tomorrow.

Attached File  image.jpeg   65.21K   0 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   54.64K   0 downloads

Cheers Paul.

#102 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 04:51 PM

looks good, but that way up i'd be concerned that it will trap air in it as there's no way for it to get out

#103 72hump

72hump

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:28 PM

looks good, but that way up i'd be concerned that it will trap air in it as there's no way for it to get out

Yeah, going to have a re-think on the location, might try it lower down in front of the sump, and protect it with alloy mesh.

#104 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:50 PM

Why not on the other side, below the alternator?

#105 alchall

alchall

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 11:18 AM

Is the starter the issue or is it the flywheel housing it fits to? I filed a good chunk of the housing off so it is flush with the starter to get mine to fit in that place.

I decided to leave the cooler off for now, I will fit it if I have cooling issues but if not will leave it off, easy to add in though as I've built the car with it being fitted in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users