#61 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,901 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:46 AM

Now is the time for the Goverment to really step up in not only policing all of the measures announced by Boris but with regards to ensuring all the self employed, unpaid leave taking employees etc are covered with regards to loss of earnings.

Its a huge ask but especially now it needs to be a very high prioity task to allow people to deal with the current crisis. People will soon be struggling as not everyone has a pot of cash stashed away fro a rainy day.

And also now provide all of the front line Police staff PPE suitable for them to deal with the low life scum bags who spit at Police Officers doing their job. From a personal point of view anyone who does this should be Tasered on the spot. No if no buts, taken away to be incarcerated before landed with a massive fine. Its a physical attack with potentially fatal consequences.

These people are of the lowest of the low.

#62 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:52 AM

Well I went into work this morning to be sent home as my wife is high risk (suppressed immune system or auto immune disease) and my stepson is at risk as he has asthma. I'm home now for 2 weeks minimum but after that I dunno. I have got a cold and sniffles but think that's all it is....... Hopefully....

#63 greenwheels

greenwheels

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:26 AM

This should be the anthem of the age

#64 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:43 AM

There will always be the idiots 'rebelling' against the system and making videos of themselves being very clever. Knobs

Very appropriate song :D

Edited by panky, 24 March 2020 - 10:46 AM.

#65 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:32 PM

Just walked to the shop to collect the paper.

I took a tape measure and pulled it out when I met someone.

To make sure it qualified as essential shopping, I bought a bottle of wine and some chocolate.

#66 Tim61

Tim61

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:16 PM

I work for a garage and we closed yesterday as the safety of the workforce and our families could not be guaranteed, we have been told we will be paid the 80% from the government but today I heard that garages are allowed to remain open.

#67 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,767 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:53 PM

Of course garages must remain open.

Although drivers confined to their homes are not driving them, we can't have unsafe cars without MOTs parked outside.

#68 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:24 PM

As someone who unfortunately has symptoms and has had to go into self isolation, let me tell you that this is about as scary as it gets.

We have been extraordinarily carefully since the virus landed in the UK and yet it appears I still managed to contract it somehow.

I do not know for certain it is covid19 as I have been told I will not be tested unless I am admitted to hospital. I can only be admitted if I cannot manage my symptoms.. 

My symptoms match and yes I have felt these things before with the flu but this time, it's different, every single symptom is about as bad as you can imagine.

People carrying on as normal believing they are invulnerable are crazy. They may not suffer from this virus if they contract it but they can very easily pass it about and potentially kill off many people.

Unfortunately there are always going to be idiots and I am not surprised about any thing I read telling us of how people are acting in a selfish way but the sooner people realise that this is very serious and stay at home, the better.

I'm not going to get into a rant about this. Everyone knows what I would say anyway as we feel the same but for anyone reading this thinking they can carry on for a bit longer should seriously reconsider if not for themselves but for others you are in contact with.

My partner has autoimmune issues and she is now at risk assuming that it is covid19 that I have so we are doing all we can to separate ourselves within our 3 bed bungalow. Yes it's lonely and boring and hard and scary but it's better than being dead

#69 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:30 PM

As someone who unfortunately has symptoms and has had to go into self isolation, let me tell you that this is about as scary as it gets.
We have been extraordinarily carefully since the virus landed in the UK and yet it appears I still managed to contract it somehow.
I do not know for certain it is covid19 as I have been told I will not be tested unless I am admitted to hospital. I can only be admitted if I cannot manage my symptoms..
My symptoms match and yes I have felt these things before with the flu but this time, it's different, every single symptom is about as bad as you can imagine.

People carrying on as normal believing they are invulnerable are crazy. They may not suffer from this virus if they contract it but they can very easily pass it about and potentially kill off many people.

Unfortunately there are always going to be idiots and I am not surprised about any thing I read telling us of how people are acting in a selfish way but the sooner people realise that this is very serious and stay at home, the better.
I'm not going to get into a rant about this. Everyone knows what I would say anyway as we feel the same but for anyone reading this thinking they can carry on for a bit longer should seriously reconsider if not for themselves but for others you are in contact with.

My partner has autoimmune issues and she is now at risk assuming that it is covid19 that I have so we are doing all we can to separate ourselves within our 3 bed bungalow. Yes it's lonely and boring and hard and scary but it's better than being dead

Sorry to hear of this. I hope you feel better soon.

#70 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:41 PM

Oh no, never thought I'd say this but I hope you've got the flu. Get well soon.

#71 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:52 PM

blimey - hope you feel better soon Ben. 

worrying times indeed... 

#72 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:14 PM

Get well soon, Ben. Lets hope that all of this goes away soon so we can see more of your amazing work. 

#73 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

Hope all goes well in the long run, at least you have youth on your side unlike others...
My boss took the decision to close shop 8 days ago, knowing full well he might not get any money back from the confederation.
He is fourtunate to have about 5months reserve accumulated over the past 29 years to do just this, but most in our trade don't.
Some of my friends are stil working as I type and every day they risk being contaminated.
People seem to have finally got it (round my neck of the woods anyway) but it took too long to realize, and these days time is lives.
The sooner we stick to the rules, the quicker we can get back to our lives.

Stay safe fellow panel-beaters, painters and miniforumers!

And to all who think it's nothing, think of your surroundings, don't be a Muppet, please.

Ben

#74 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:31 PM

Thanks guys.

I just hope my post shows how vulnerable we all are to anyone reading who still can't grasp the importance of social distancing and see it as some kind of inconvenience.

So many people are dying, health care us under more strain than it can manage and peoples futures are in serious jepordey and still There are people trying to decide if it's safe to take the kids on holiday and turning to the PM for instructions....

#75 Stevie W

Stevie W

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for posting this Ben.

We must all stay as safe as possible, I sincerely hope you have a swift recovery from your symptoms.

Cheers, Steve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users