Photo
- - - - -

What’S Happens To Minispares

Best Answer beardylondon , 23 January 2021 - 04:37 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that Simon at Minispares got back to me and has now resolved my issue, top work, many thanks! Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:37 AM

Hi
Can anyone put me on to Simon@minispares please, can’t seem to find him 🙈
Thanks 🙏

#17 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:02 AM

https://www.theminif...nminisparescom/

#18 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:25 AM

I am always recommending and praising Minispares. I worked out the other day I’ve been using them for 25 years.

After my starter motor issue, members on here said I should of had a new one within warranty.

https://www.theminif...-starter-motor/

After the first push back, I countered with a sound recording of before and after, and I’ve been ignored, despite sending my email 3 times over the period of a month.

I’m not saying they don’t care, I guess they are incredibly busy, but it’s frustrating as a starter motor should not fail after 200 miles!

Edited by beardylondon, 19 January 2021 - 11:02 AM.

#19 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:52 AM

I am always recommending and praising Minispares. I worked out the other day I’ve been using them for 25 years.

After my starter motor issue, members on here said I should of had a new one within warranty.

After the first push back, I countered with a sound recording of before and after, and I’ve been ignored, despite sending my email 3 times of the space of a month.

I’m not saying they don’t care, I guess they are incredibly busy, but it’s frustrating as a starter motor should not fail after 200 miles!

That is frustrating, and agree a starter should fail so quickly. I'm sure you will get it sorted with them.  To counter this in December I had an issue with a subframe, radius arm mounting was weld incorrectly and stub axle was striking the frame.  MS agreed to take it back and replace, they also refunded the cost of the abortive labour  by my restorer.

#20 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:04 PM

It is frustrating!!!
My issue is with a faulty IACV which is leaking out or the actual electrical plug connector on top, if anyone’s been following my mpi running issue you’ll see why I’m frustrated with this, it’s clearly a cheap part! That’s not fit for purpose.
https://youtube.com/shorts/B5_DTTRL38o

#21 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:40 PM

Unfortunately minispares are fighting with covid and Brexit.

They have had to find new ways of working in order to keep their staff safe and then the delays caused by the French closing the ports coinciding with Brexit led to a situation where they had a a backlog of 700 parcels needing shipped (according to insta).

I'm not trying to make excuses, but it's not a situation I would want to have to try and manage.

#22 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:57 PM

Can you e-mail me details of this directly please? Thanks

After the first push back, I countered with a sound recording of before and after, and I’ve been ignored, despite sending my email 3 times over the period of a month.

#23 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:58 PM

Sorry, Ive just logged in with numerous PM notifications, for some reason I am no longer getting an e-mail notification. 

Replying to PM's now, or available on e-mail (same as my username) for any issues apart from discounts.

Thanks

#24 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:33 PM

Will do, thanks Simon

Can you e-mail me details of this directly please? Thanks

#25 grumpy2

grumpy2

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: Wirral Minis

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:30 AM

So far all is good.

made and order yesterday and good ‘supposed’ to be arriving today. Communication good, slight mix up with postage, pms answered promptly. Emails to Ivan acted on.

looks like they are doing the best they can

thanks and fingers crossed the right bits arrive today. 

#26 grumpy2

grumpy2

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: Wirral Minis

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:40 PM

All arrived exactly as promised

no complaints at alll

#27 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Local Club: KC MINI Club

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:20 PM

I have a buddy who bought one of the high torque starters for an A+, the nose cone broke after only a few hundred miles, As he needed the car he tried to weld it up again and it worked for a while, but ultimately he put another new starter in it - also from Spares.

#28 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

Sorry, Ive just logged in with numerous PM notifications, for some reason I am no longer getting an e-mail notification. 

Replying to PM's now, or available on e-mail (same as my username) for any issues apart from discounts.

Thanks

You might need to have a chat with death row as there has been some Email issues.

https://www.theminif...s-have-stopped/

#29 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:37 PM   Best Answer

I just wanted to let everyone know that Simon at Minispares got back to me and has now resolved my issue, top work, many thanks!

Edited by beardylondon, 24 January 2021 - 10:29 AM.

#30 Kaj

Kaj

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:45 PM

Can't see anything good about Brexit. We are going to be paying through the nose for everything. Ordering any goods from the EU is not going to be viable unless you can't get it anywhere else. Good old Tories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users