Photo
- - - - -

Are Minispares Still Using A Horse And Cart?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:26 PM

Does anyone know if the horse has expired due to Covid leaving the driver to pull the cart. Is he fitted with a tracker do you know?

2 Weeks and still no parcel from them, no responsibility taken to look into it, just a tracking number with no updates which is sooooo helpful

So

Do I sit and wait, growing older and sprouting even more hair from my ears

Pointlessly waste my time chasing again and again and again, I don't need the hear we've put it in the post heres a number. I'd like to hear, we'll sort it for you and deliver tomorrow

Sacrifice the dog to the Minispares postal service Gods

Charge back via my bank and order from Somerfords

Buy Minispares a red mini van and hire a delivery driver called Pat

AN other

TMF you decide

#2 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:08 PM

My last couple of minispares orders were woefully slow, but not quite 2 weeks

#3 MiniMadRacer

MiniMadRacer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

Playing devils advocate here, and I have no connection with Minispares, other than donating lots of my hard earned cash to throw at my afflictions, but once it leaves their depot and its in the "post" they are as "helpless" as the sender, as you are as the receiver. Once it leaves their hands their is not much they can do, unless of course they own the courier service (I suspect they do not).

The "stuff" you ordered, was it in stock, and definietly posted, if so I suspect your "beef" is with the courier and I would try contacting them direct

#4 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:36 PM

Message Simon on here, I spoke to him Friday, he said they are very busy at the mo.

TMF username: [email protected]

Edited by beardylondon, 23 January 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#5 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:43 PM

Not wishing to rub it in but ordered Mon last week came on Wed forgot to order something ordered Mon this week arrived on Wed. I.m in the south and both parcels came from the York branch.
Send Simon a pm as he sorted a problem for someone last week. Love the "has the horse expired"quip!

#6 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:50 PM

To answer some of the points above, all were in stock when ordered and dispatched within 2 days

It's irrelevant how busy someone is they have a responsibility. Minispares have not chased it up or offered to replace the lost items and subsequently claim against the couriers insurance. It's the responsibility of the sender to sort delivery issues, they are the one with the contract to deliver

https://www.citizens...been-delivered/

I'm aware Simon uses this forum, I measure a companies performance on their willingness to own and sort problems, as all companies have issues from time to time. To date I've been fobbed off

Edited by ratty, 23 January 2021 - 04:52 PM.

#7 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:56 PM

I feel your pain, but at least you have that avenue, some punters don't, so try Simon.

Have you tried phoning them, they picked up straight away on Friday.

Edited by beardylondon, 23 January 2021 - 04:57 PM.

#8 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:04 PM

The method of communication is irrelevant, post, email, phone, carrier pigeon, fly by banner behind a plane, I haven't tried a note tied to a brick just in case it's considered criminal damage

It's been reported to said company that there's an issue, its been acknowledged and not dealt with. I've only requested they take responsibility and resolve the issue

And yes I'm a sarcastic old so and so

Edited by ratty, 23 January 2021 - 05:07 PM.

#9 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:10 PM

I disagree, as they are terribly busy, things get mislaid/forgotten about, there is nothing better than getting on the phone and talking to a human, in my humble opinion.

#10 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Local Club: KC MINI Club

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:13 PM

Aha, so you really just came here to ******* about it? 

I agree somethings wrong somewhere, but I'll bet it's with the post, not Spares.

Anytime I order something small that will go via post I opt to use DHL if I can, or resign myself to wait. Between the Royal mail and the US mail, it takes between 2 and 3 weeks to get something via post.

#11 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:41 PM

I posted due to poor service

It's obvious the courier has lost/delayed the parcel but the only ones who can claim against them and sort the delivery is Minispares

All couriers lose parcels but the sender has a responsibility to resolve the issue not state, well we posted it on the 12th and do nothing more.

Are we not allowed to criticise poor customer service now

Edited by ratty, 23 January 2021 - 05:53 PM.

#12 Mito

Mito

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:51 PM

I've not ordered anything from minispares this year, there's still time, but I have ordered a new laptop that was supposed to come within 2 working days and it took 5. The delay appeared to be due to the courier (UPS). 

No idea why there was a delay but possibly affecting more than just minispares. 

#13 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:08 PM

I find their post a bit hit and miss, one thing arrives quickly the next takes a week.

Hopefully now youve shared your experience, it will get noticed and resolved promptly.

#14 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:28 PM

I'd not criticise MS....think they are doing the very best that they can under the current circumstances...if they've had a covid breakout within their staff team then that would cause issues as well as social distancing, if not...and they also have the new tax tariffs to the EU to sort out...for customers overseas.

Now if it's been lost via a delivery company then that's just bad luck. Sure that they would re-ship if it's gone AWOL.

#15 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:41 PM

In fairness to Mini Spares, if they have dispatched your goods, it's out of their hands and I don't think it's too good a show to be holding them to account here.

World Freight has gone crazy this past year and the Carrier Companies are struggling to keep up. It recently took a week for an 'Urgent Express' delivery to arrive from Melbourne (600 miles), usually over night. Another 'Urgent Express' delivery through another company took 6 days to come 250 miles.

I feel your frustration but sit tight, it'll show up. Having a vent here will help you feel better for about 10 minutes, but it won't speed up your delivery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users