Photo
- - - - -

Are Minispares Still Using A Horse And Cart?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 05:19 PM

Ordered some bits and bobs Monday morning (steering rack, starter motor). Just had email confirming it's packed and ready and a text from DPD saying it will be with me tomorrow. Can't complain about that. The only other supplier regularly quicker than that is Bullmotifminispares. Most times they're next day even if you pay for standard delivery. That includes a new rear subframe bought from their ebay shop.

#32 Aria Aradhea

Aria Aradhea

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Jakarta Morris Club

Posted 27 January 2021 - 05:22 AM

I ordered with Minispares after Christmas and before New Year's and the item just arrived last week being sent on the 31st of December.

Mind you that it's shipped to Indonesia using Royal Mail and it's being held at customs for a few days. So, I'm quite happy with the speed of their delivery.

#33 Tomm

Tomm

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 08:15 AM

I usually pop into mini spares as they aren’t too far from me. Only since everything went down the pan have I used them online. I have to be honest, I wasn’t massively impressed with speed... however!

Every time I’ve ever gone into the store everyone has been well above standard when it comes to customer service. Patient, helpful, polite and generally just a pleasure to deal with. A few years back I unearthed some parts I’d bought for a project, a few hundred pounds worth and all unused. They must have been sat there for a few years. Mini spares were happy to give me credit on the items and I was able to get new parts for a more recent project car. Not many places at all would do that. Then to top it off you’ve got Simon on here who has time after time been massively helpful when I’ve had enquiries and questions. I’ve also had group buys off of him in the past which have always saved me a fair few quid. I could be wrong but there used to be another chap, Noah maybe that used to work there who once again, top chap.

When you take those things into account I’m prepared to wait a few days for things to turn up and I will continue to use them. As frustrating as it is at times, it’s out of their control.

#34 lordcakes

lordcakes

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:18 AM

My recent experience is that things have been quicker. I ordered some tyres on Tuesday morning, received the emails by 1pm on the same day, they were dispatched yesterday and are due to arrive today (even though it was meant to be a 48 hour deliver). My order before that only took a day (lightweight items).

So no complaints here, they seem to be doing a good job. The only time I have had to go back to them was in October when something was incorrectly supplied and a quick email saw the correct parts sent on a special next day delivery.

#35 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:41 PM

They use DHL most of the time. DHL has never been a good company and is even worse atm. That being said, not their fault at all. I ordered a parcel from the USA on 2/12. Arrived 28/1... While fedex delivers in 4 days. DHL lost it and when they found the parcel they sent it back to the USA instead of forwarding it to me. Should I blame the seller or DHL?

#36 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:50 PM

Should I blame the seller or DHL?

Blame the person who chose to use DHL?

#37 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:56 PM

ordered Saturday night, delivered Tuesday.  Used express delivery only £2 more.  Perfect service for me.

#38 Project_Green

Project_Green

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:16 PM

Ordered Thursday and arrived Friday on standard postal great service 

#39 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

I seem to be getting decent service, taking up to a week to come but that's fine.

#40 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,922 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 30 January 2021 - 09:39 PM

In further fairness to Mini Spares, they do give you fair notice before placing your order

VbCvG3G.png

#41 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Local Club: KC MINI Club

Posted 31 January 2021 - 01:37 AM

DHL England to US seems to work pretty well for me. They have yet to "lose" a package more than overnight and they beat the pants off of FedEx these days

#42 VLChurchill

VLChurchill

Learner Driver

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:26 PM

I ordered with Minispares after Christmas and before New Year's and the item just arrived last week being sent on the 31st of December.

Mind you that it's shipped to Indonesia using Royal Mail and it's being held at customs for a few days. So, I'm quite happy with the speed of their delivery.

I shipped 2 parcels to Indonesia both to Jakarta one arrived within 3 days the other took about 2 weeks, the second one went on a world tour, it was crazy the journey route it had taken.

#43 ArnieWallace

ArnieWallace

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:21 PM

Placed an order for panels and parts on Saturday, arrived today (Wednesday) in Northern Ireland via DHL.  Can't complain about there service.

#44 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 04 February 2021 - 02:41 PM

Does anyone know if the horse has expired due to Covid leaving the driver to pull the cart. Is he fitted with a tracker do you know?

The horse seems to be pulling the cart ok for Mini bodyshell deliveries..... :lol:

9MTZyrG.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 04 February 2021 - 02:42 PM.

#45 Aria Aradhea

Aria Aradhea

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: Jakarta Morris Club

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:48 AM

I shipped 2 parcels to Indonesia both to Jakarta one arrived within 3 days the other took about 2 weeks, the second one went on a world tour, it was crazy the journey route it had taken.

That's quite speedy! Are you using Royal Mail as well? Mine was held up at customs for around 7 or 10 days before they finally released a tax quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users