Photo
- - - - -

Are Minispares Still Using A Horse And Cart?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:02 PM

Minispares are a great 'one stop shop' with great staff who are very knowledgeable

But, the last orders I made for delivery took 3 days before it was processed then another couple of days after I accepted the shipping costs before it was dispatched. So in all took over a week to arrive.

My last couple of larger orders I picked up, a 170 mile round trip

#17 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:34 PM

It's a very difficult situation for everyone.

Minispares have changed their working practices in order to keep their staff safe.

Parcel companies including Royal mail have changed their delivery terms as they can't cope.

I think we just need to have a bit of understanding for a while until the world gets back to some sort of normal

#18 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:22 PM

Mini Spares commission, stock and sell spares for us to keep our Minis on the road. They are not a delivery company. Almost all deliveries are much slower due to factors beyond their, and our, control: Brexit and Covid, to name but two.

Bitching won't fix either of those.

#19 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:59 PM

Mini Spares commission, stock and sell spares for us to keep our Minis on the road. They are not a delivery company. Almost all deliveries are much slower due to factors beyond their, and our, control: Brexit and Covid, to name but two.

Bitching won't fix either of those.

He can '*******' all he wants. Hes paid for goods and hasnt received them. Granted there maybe extenuating circumstances but the man is still free to express his frustration. 

#20 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:33 PM

Minisport next day for me, my last 4-5 minispares orders have been painfully slow.

#21 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:12 PM

I ordered bits from minispares last sunday and got them the quickest I've ever got parcels from them with standard delivery :lol: usually receive it on the Friday but got it on the Wednesday  :highfive:

#22 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:33 PM

Minispares have changed their working practices in order to keep their staff safe.

Parcel companies including Royal mail have changed their delivery terms as they can't cope.

I think we just need to have a bit of understanding for a while until the world gets back to some sort of normal

I work for Royal Mail. We are told to prioritise parcels over letters in these trying times. We clear all parcels in our office every day, whereas mail can be every other day when it's busy. I'm delivering parcels that say deliver by a certain date sometimes 2 or 3 days early. Can't say that is the case nationally.

Parcel volumes have trebled but unfortunately manpower hasn't

Edited by GT Jimmy, 23 January 2021 - 11:34 PM.

#23 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

I work for Royal Mail. We are told to prioritise parcels over letters in these trying times. We clear all parcels in our office every day, whereas mail can be every other day when it's busy. I'm delivering parcels that say deliver by a certain date sometimes 2 or 3 days early. Can't say that is the case nationally.

One of the country's forgotten key workers......

#24 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:57 AM

One of the country's forgotten key workers......
Not really mate, I'm just thankful I've been able to keep working, and my customers have been great

#25 Cabby

Cabby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:18 PM

I ordered a speedo cable last Sunday, and received it on Friday. Ordered 2 rear quarter rubber seals from Phoenix seals, the same day, and got them on Tuesday.

#26 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Local Club: KC MINI Club

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:01 PM

Of course he can complain, but I'm pointing out that it does absolutely no good to complain about Spares when the problem is with whoever picked up the parcel, whether DHL, UPS, FedEx, Royal Mail or whomever.

Spares is responsible and have to sort it out seems wrong to me, seems like you need to sort it out with the carrier - have you done that? Contacted them and spoken to someone? or are you just complaining hoping social media will fix it for you?

Asking Spares to look into it was a good move to make sure it's not lost and sitting on their back dock somewhere, but if it's out of their hands and into the carrier's, it's not really their problem is it? 

#27 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:25 PM

Here in NL it's the sender responsibility until it gets to your door. That said I also understand that once they've dispatched it to their freight partner it's essentially out of their hands but they can pressure the freighter to look into it.

I don't know if any of you follow MiniSpares on any sort of social media such as Facebook or Instagram but they have been showcasing the sheer volume of parcels they've been dealing with. It's absolutely mental. 

#28 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,884 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:39 PM

Hey guys, be sure to keep this discussion on a civil level, thanks :proud:

#29 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 05:02 PM

My experiences of Mini Spares before and during covid is that they take a couple of days to pick, pack and dispatch stuff, heaven knows why it takes that long? Once the stuff has physically left their premises things seems to move along very quickly, with stuff arriving the next day in general. As for complaining to MS about delivery, I'm the customer of MS and as such they're my first port of call when it comes to complaining. MS are customers of Royal Mail, DPD etc, they choose who to use and suffer the consequences imo. In general I find MS service adequate, nothing more, MED, and SC are much better ime, but admittedly they're very different business models.

My goto supplier is East Sussex Minors and they get stuff out the door very quickly, most stuff arrives next day if ordered by 4pm, even though they have the (normal these days) 'covid may affect delivery times' disclaimer, they're not falling back on it. Unfortunately they don't do 'performance' stuff so I occasionally have to use MS.

Edited by PoolGuy, 24 January 2021 - 06:50 PM.

#30 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 06:46 PM

My experiences of Mini Spares before and during covid is that they take a couple of days to pick, pack and dispatch stuff, heaven knows why it takes that long? Once the stuff has physically left their premises things seems to move along very quickly, with stuff arriving the next day in general. As for compiling to MS about delivery, I'm the customer of MS and as such they're my first port of call when it comes to complaining. MS are customers of Royal Mail, DPD etc, they choose who to use and suffer the consequences imo. In general I find MS service adequate, nothing more, MED, and SC are much better ice, but admittedly they're very different business models.

My goto supplier is East Sussex Minors and they get stuff out the door very quickly, most stuff arrives next day if ordered by 4pm, even though they have the (normal these days) 'covid may affect delivery times' disclaimer, they're not falling back on it. Unfortunately they don't do 'performance' stuff so I occasionally have to use MS.

Exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users