Photo

Are Completely Red Tail Light Lenses A Thing? Where Can I Buy?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 06:59 PM

Here's a single RH side one, although a lot more expensive than the one above.
https://www.sportsan...-lamp-l813-nos/

If it's stamped LUCAS and L813 I'd just buy it, you won't find any at "reputable dealers" anymore as these parts don't really exist in stock anymore! £25 seems like a great price for 1

No way I'd pay 200 for a lens. Just not me.

Did say they were expensive...................

Yep! I am sure someone will pay that. 

Well went to Himley Hall, a guy had passenger one there, cracked.....so no joy.........However saw a set of the sought after clear jewelled rear lens there in good condition, but in a light cluster. Asked the guy there if he would sell just the used but fairly good condition lens on their own as didn't want the rear fittings...............................Ouch!  £80................just not my day.

Edited by splintercat, 05 August 2021 - 07:00 PM.

#17 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 03:59 PM

Ok..managed finally to get one of these red lenses...hurray. 1 is better than none I guess. It,s the drivers side one or right hand/ offside one, so if anyone has or knows of a lonely left-hand side one to make up a pair I would be very appreciative, only really want the lens but happy to negotiate anything....Cheers.

#18 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 03:28 PM

Well finally got a set of these red lenses............can't wait to show em off at Stanford Hall....................

#19 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:02 AM

Well, that all went pear shaped.......bought a pair of these lenses from a guy who answered my WANTED AD on facebook. I bought and paid for them on Sunday, and  they were to be posted next day secured postage signed for etc etc. Still not here......can't contact the guy I bought them from on F/B as his profile picture is gone and can't message him as F/B messenger says his page is unavailable, can't even find him on F/B........Maybe there's a simple hitch somewhere, but recon I have been stitched up here, optimistic that they are going to arrive this weekend  but.....................

#20 71Pickup

71Pickup

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 04:43 PM

Sorry to hear that. Can you trace the payment back through PayPal?

#21 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:19 PM

NO......guy on F/B didn't do paypal ( warning sign) so I did a bank transfer, well I called my bank, they are 24/7 and brilliant, they did the transfer for me. I have been in contact with the bank, they confirm the payment was sent and received. The catch is that there is nothing wrong there, so it's up to me to prove that the money I sent was actually for goods, and that I did not received them.......a nightmare.......luckily my bank is pretty good, and I have all the messsages that I sent and received reference this transaction, so it is up to me whether or not I persue it using a fraud investigation............with the aide of my bank.

Really silly really as I am more mad that I didn't receive these lens rather than I got duped out of the money as I have been wanting these forever................

Edited by splintercat, 04 September 2021 - 06:21 PM.

#22 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 07:42 AM

I'm sorry to hear you may have been scammed. Hopefully you bank sorts it all out

#23 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:01 AM

Also sorry to hear this, any time someone won't accept PayPal I offer to pay the fee on top, most are fine with that. If they won't accept that then I won't deal with them, heard too many stories like this so I won't send a stranger money.

#24 Red Riley

Red Riley

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: British Car Club of Charleston

Posted 07 September 2021 - 06:57 PM

NO......guy on F/B didn't do paypal ( warning sign) so I did a bank transfer, well I called my bank, they are 24/7 and brilliant, they did the transfer for me. I have been in contact with the bank, they confirm the payment was sent and received. The catch is that there is nothing wrong there, so it's up to me to prove that the money I sent was actually for goods, and that I did not received them.......a nightmare.......luckily my bank is pretty good, and I have all the messsages that I sent and received reference this transaction, so it is up to me whether or not I persue it using a fraud investigation............with the aide of my bank.

Really silly really as I am more mad that I didn't receive these lens rather than I got duped out of the money as I have been wanting these forever................

Uhhhh. Bank transfer? That's an instant no deal. Just no reason at all why a reputable seller wouldn't take paypal.

#25 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 07:15 PM

Yeah well we all learn the hard way, won't do that again, guess I was that pleased that someone finally had what I was looking for etc etc. Still in hindsight if it was someone else tat got scammed I would be giving him the same advice as everyone has given me, still hack me off that there are preying mantis's out there willing to do anything to make a buck, lets hope that the cyber crime/fraud department can do something even if it just stops them conning someone else....

#26 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 08:34 PM

All you need is a standard set of lenses, a quick rub over with a scotch brite and either a £8 can of clear red (or other colour) tinting spray or a can of Tamiya Polycarbonate (self etching) ps-37 clear red.  

#27 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 07 September 2021 - 09:04 PM

All you need is a standard set of lenses, a quick rub over with a scotch brite and either a £8 can of clear red (or other colour) tinting spray or a can of Tamiya Polycarbonate (self etching) ps-37 clear red.

That’s all I did with mine, followed by a few coats of 1k clear. Buffed up and ten years on still doing the job.

#28 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 01:46 PM

Well, that all went pear shaped.......bought a pair of these lenses from a guy who answered my WANTED AD on facebook. I bought and paid for them on Sunday, and  they were to be posted next day secured postage signed for etc etc. Still not here......can't contact the guy I bought them from on F/B as his profile picture is gone and can't message him as F/B messenger says his page is unavailable, can't even find him on F/B........Maybe there's a simple hitch somewhere, but recon I have been stitched up here, optimistic that they are going to arrive this weekend  but.....................

Sorry to hear this. I hate to to put even more of a downer on your day, but I wouldn't hold your breath for getting your money back. I have literally just gone through the same rigmarole for a graphics card I got scammed on. Bought it from FB marketplace and the seller claimed he couldn't do paypal as he was in his over draught due to  paying for his mums funeral! (yes.... I am fully aware that I'm a gullible moron)... Just thought I'd reassure you that it can happen to anyone! I've always been very vigilant of this sort of thing, but still got caught out by a sob story.    

#29 hunterg30

hunterg30

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 04:45 PM

Try and get a mate to look for him on Facebook. He might of just blocked you. There is a person on there supposedly selling mini parts and ripping loads off , then blocks them . He has been mentioned a few times this week , so should be able to find the posts

#30 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 06:56 PM

Try and get a mate to look for him on Facebook. He might of just blocked you. There is a person on there supposedly selling mini parts and ripping loads off , then blocks them . He has been mentioned a few times this week , so should be able to find the posts

tried all this, loads of people mentioned this scumbag when I put his picture up on face book....all of them warned me....all too late tho.  He comes up as a Guy calling himself Ian Mercer, with  a partner called Jamie Kelly, that's the account I sent the money to.........claims he's self employed, married, and I am sure claims to be in the Leeds area, but I think he finds out where you are from, and then makes sure he's far enough away so he has to post the said items..... Once bitten tho twice shy etc etc. everyone claims that he has hit a lot of Mini sites so be wary peeps.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users