Photo

Are Completely Red Tail Light Lenses A Thing? Where Can I Buy?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:04 PM

All you need is a standard set of lenses, a quick rub over with a scotch brite and either a £8 can of clear red (or other colour) tinting spray or a can of Tamiya Polycarbonate (self etching) ps-37 clear red.  

Am looking at this idea but.............if doing a normal set of Mk2/3 lens how many coats of tinted spray to make up the difference between the amber and red lens ?

If it's self etching I won't have to use a primer but do I have to clear coat the lenses at the end?

some one told me that I would have to use 1000 wet after the tint, then 2000 wet after the clear coats, then finally buff, is that what you did?

#32 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:40 AM

Just another heads up regarding getting money back from your bank. A few posts back I mentioned that I've recently been scammed too, and Halifax fraud department basically told me it was my own fault and I wouldn't be getting my money back... However!! I filed a complaint and they have just called me today to say that they are overturning the decision and giving me a full refund, plus any lost interest, as well as compensation. So morale of the story is definitely keep pushing them and file a complaint if they say no the first time!

#33 splintercat

splintercat

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 08:46 AM

Well, can't believe another guy tried to scam me?    I advertised that I wanted to buy a complete metal front end from a clubby?, I know it was a long shot but hey maybe someone out there was breaking one...............got a guy offered to sell me a complete, mint front end, posted all the way from the Isle of Man, by courier, for..........................................................................£200, if i paid by directly by bank transfer????.......yeah ok...That was £200 including postage.....

#34 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:12 PM

Well, can't believe another guy tried to scam me?    I advertised that I wanted to buy a complete metal front end from a clubby?, I know it was a long shot but hey maybe someone out there was breaking one...............got a guy offered to sell me a complete, mint front end, posted all the way from the Isle of Man, by courier, for..........................................................................£200, if i paid by directly by bank transfer????.......yeah ok...That was £200 including postage.....

The more money that Minis are commanding now, the more scammers are trying to jump on the train. 

Shame really...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users