27 replies to this topic

#16 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:19 AM

Thanks Bestestest'ssss .....Thats what I like to hear...Positive input....With the 54 mm turbo hog I'll be running I'm going to need something to keep er spooled up and on plane....I'm thinking of running 1 3/4 inch id tubing up to the cooler with 2 inch id pipe for the bends...I want to keep the velocity up in the tubes and the 2 inch bends won't hamper the flow that much when the charge goes around the bends..I might just use PCV sec 40 pipe for mock up and testing....Then when and if I'm satisfied with the results of the sys. I'll go ahead and make it up out of aluminium......How's this sounding to ya ???? Am I over looking something here ????? Ideas ?????
Cheers..............Willieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

#17 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:03 PM

How about a charge cooler? :w00t:

#18 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:44 PM

Charge Cooler???? Not sure what your refering about here.....Can you please explane this one to me ?????

Thanks Bestestest'ssss........Willieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........

#19 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

Like an intercooler only cooled by water rather than air, so it can be sat close to the engine and just have small coolant pipes to the front and have its own pump and radiator.

#20 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

Thanks ed4ran......I'm going to check in to this....Now that you mention this I know what your talking about....I'll do some checking but I think this will require a bit more plumbing.....

Cheers Bestestest'ssss Buddy Ol Pal.........Willieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

#21 JetBLICK

JetBLICK

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: myspace.com/worcesterretro

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:04 AM

surely if you use really really big pipes u'll loose the pressure?? :S

- soz just pickin' - cant wait to see it done, whats the due date?

#22 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:09 AM

You're going to want to keep the same diameter tubing throughout, as changes in diameter in the bends will cause separated flow, turbulence, and pressure drop

Cheers,

Monte

Thanks Bestestest'ssss .....Thats what I like to hear...Positive input....With the 54 mm turbo hog I'll be running I'm going to need something to keep er spooled up and on plane....I'm thinking of running 1 3/4 inch id tubing up to the cooler with 2 inch id pipe for the bends...I want to keep the velocity up in the tubes and the 2 inch bends won't hamper the flow that much when the charge goes around the bends..I might just use PCV sec 40 pipe for mock up and testing....Then when and if I'm satisfied with the results of the sys. I'll go ahead and make it up out of aluminium......How's this sounding to ya ???? Am I over looking something here ????? Ideas ?????
Cheers..............Willieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

#23 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

hahaha 4 years and still no progress

#24 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

Heres his new thread ?
Turbo Busa
Allan

Edited by AllanMcD, 12 January 2010 - 04:53 PM.

#25 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Wilie's been doing a lot of work on the car recently - I'm trying to get him to post some picture.

Edited by Monte Busa, 12 January 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#26 Bendion58

Bendion58

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

Hey Willie,

When we talked last I think I mentioned that a few of the Stateside Corvette tuners do a rear mount turbo system for the C5 and C6 Vette....with the exhaust plumbing running from the headers to the rear of the car, the turbos are then put where the silencers were, back up to the front to an intercooler and then to the intake.

They claim WAY less than 1PSI drop across the entire system, with the net effect of all that pipe being a positive one as far as HP, with the passive cooling effect of the pipe being better than +25HP.

As far as turbo lag goes, I have it on good authority that there is none...as long as the turbos are light enough to spool up quickly in the first place.

Turn the above around 180deg (sort of) in your case with the turbo at the header, and the turbo outlet feeding a front mounted intercooler and the intercooler feeding the intake back at the motor, and you'll probably have not much more than 1/2 the pipe length of the Vette system given the vehicle size differences, passive cooling to boot with the tubing, and a very efficient cooler intercooler.

ZZZOOOOOM!

Here's a link from one of teh better Vette systems. Catch the show on Horsepower TV and you'll be sold on teh concept.

http://www.ststurbo.com/

Cheers,

Monte

Hey Guy's...Willie here....Just wondering if any of you have turboed there Busa lumps ????? I'm doing a Stage 2 build up for about 450 plus hp.....Was just kind of looking for a heads up on a few things I might want to doing and looking out for.....Intercooler ???? If so do you have it plumbed in in the frt. or back by the lump...
Thanks..........Willieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
PS: Just got my frt. subby from Chris and put er together Sunday.....Looks pretty sweet and might just do the job....

can you tell me what upgrades has been done to the Engine prior to fitting the turbo. regards bendion58.

#27 Bendion58

Bendion58

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hi could you tell me what you have done to the Engine prior to fitting the turbo
Im just waiting for my GRP sprint kit from z cars, I will run it with a stock Hayabusa
while collecting all parts to go for the turbo.

Regards bendion58.

#28 De Blerende Beetle

De Blerende Beetle

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

Are you gonna use a 1300cc or 1340cc Hayabusa? Stand-alone ECU? Which turbo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users