#16 Podman

Podman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Local Club: Snowdon Minis

Posted 03 March 2022 - 10:19 AM

Walt Disney better watch out - Snow White and the Seven Dwarves Midgets Chaps...?

We used to have a kid at school who was exceptionally tall (for his age) - Was calling him Lanky offensive? (what's the weather like up there etc etc....)

I'm 6ft 5ins tall, and There was a fat morbidly obese woman, laughing at me getting into my Mini. She made a comment about my height, how did i fit in it etc. But when I said "well if you could fit, I'd take you for a spin" she got offended! Whats the difference? :lol:

#17 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Local Club: KC MINI Club

Posted 08 March 2022 - 01:48 AM

What is 'woke, cancel culture"?

#18 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 07:50 AM

What is 'woke, cancel culture"?

:gimme:

#19 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 10 March 2022 - 08:37 AM

Perhaps in this case he meant 'ewok cancel culture' :trooper:

#20 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 10 March 2022 - 11:34 AM

Walt Disney better watch out - Snow White and the Seven Dwarves Midgets Chaps...?

Careful, you cant assume their gender......

The Seven Persons just doesn’t have that ring to it

#21 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 10 March 2022 - 11:36 AM

So realistically then within the present woke culture, MG Midget should be MG Neutral Non Conformist size??

#22 Steam

Steam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club

Posted 10 March 2022 - 08:55 PM

MG vertically challenged.  :mrcool:  :D

#23 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,904 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 13 March 2022 - 02:45 AM

This is in the same vein as Race (as in people's culture / background / country of origin).

Race only matters to Racists.

Likewise someone's physical size only matters to those who want to look at the world through those eyes - oh and perhaps one's Taylor or Dress Maker.

If someone wants to get upset by calling a car an ' MG Midget ' then it's them who has the problem and not the car (or the makers of the car). If they read something else in to a name of a car other than it's name, that is how they choose to interpret that name, I'm quite sure Morris Garages had no bad intent in mind what so ever by calling one of their models a Midget.

Some people I think just need to put the filtered glasses and ears away and take things as they are intended, otherwise anyone could choose to take offense at any name.

Frankly, I find these vocal minority groups offensive.

#24 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 13 March 2022 - 09:04 AM

This is in the same vein as Race (as in people's culture / background / country of origin).

Race only matters to Racists.

Likewise someone's physical size only matters to those who want to look at the world through those eyes - oh and perhaps one's Taylor or Dress Maker.

If someone wants to get upset by calling a car an ' MG Midget ' then it's them who has the problem and not the car (or the makers of the car). If they read something else in to a name of a car other than it's name, that is how they choose to interpret that name, I'm quite sure Morris Garages had no bad intent in mind what so ever by calling one of their models a Midget.

Some people I think just need to put the filtered glasses and ears away and take things as they are intended, otherwise anyone could choose to take offense at any name.

Frankly, I find these vocal minority groups offensive.

Couldn't agree with you more, Spider.

Witness the plonkers who tried to insist that the name of a car, Porsche had been making for nine years before the 'Twin Towers' were built, should be changed because of the US's way of saying the date that they were brought down.

#25 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,904 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 13 March 2022 - 09:34 AM

Couldn't agree with you more, Spider.

Witness the plonkers who tried to insist that the name of a car, Porsche had been making for nine years before the 'Twin Towers' were built, should be changed because of the US's way of saying the date that they were brought down.

That never occurred to me until you mentioned that here, even then, I had to stop and think for a few moments (yes, I'm slow on the up take), and I think that's my point too.

If one wants to seek out dreadful and hurtful innuendos from any name, then really, who has the problem ? And where's it going to stop / end ?

I'm so over this over the top silly, ridiculous and frankly stupid PC stuff. The intent of that too is having the opposite effect of what it started out doing, it's made a lot of people unnecessarily hyper-sensitive to it all.

When I was growing up, I took things to heart all too easy and in all reality, fell in to the group I just mentioned, seriously to my detriment. Of all things, it was when I joined the Moke Club I really learnt what a true sense of humor was and how it keeps one sane and gives you a 'cool' head. Having a sense of humor isn't just about having a laugh at something funny, it's an outlook on life and an attitude of having things knocked back a few gears. This PC rubbish has made so many people highly strung, that others see that and play them like guitars.

#26 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 10:24 AM

The ones that I really struggle with are the people who get offended for other people.....who aren't offended. Shoot them!

#27 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 06:46 PM

It's started

khuMLSo.jpg

#28 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 02:56 PM

This Midget not only got offended but was also bullied:   :lol:

crash+test+-+abingdon+1979.jpg

Edited by xrocketengineer, 17 March 2022 - 02:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users