https://petersweden....p/climate-zones

#2 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 10:19 PM

How much do they have to do before people decide they've had enough?

#3 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 18 December 2022 - 12:00 AM

No wonder people never smile anymore, it is so depressing the world we live in, the UK has become nothing short of a police state where the police cannot be trusted anymore and theft is just a misdemeanor, carrying a knife doesn't seem to be a crime even though people are getting stabbed to death nearly every day, but God forgive if you don't pay your ulez fine on time you will be paying and paying forever , its all a big con, sorry people I'm getting carried away again !

Fed up Allan

#4 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 08:33 AM

There might be more sides to a story .... https://www.bbc.co.u...dshire-64001776

Most cities over time will gain restricted areas whether related to emissions or just general traffic volumes, we have a finite availability of space in cities yet a steadily increasing level of car ownership. Expect some level of restrictions or cope with gridlock, it's not a choice we really want to make but it's a reality. Encouraging people to buy smaller cars rather than SUVs would be a good start.

Edited by Bobbins, 18 December 2022 - 08:37 AM.

#5 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 08:57 AM

People’s unhappiness these days seems to be connected to the amount of time that they spend reading online news, social media, listening to idiots who spend their lives on Facebook. Plenty of people have found that taking a step away from these things can make them happier, partly because they fill the spare time doing things that they enjoy. 

Most of the crap that’s regurgitated without any thought to investigating the claims is just clickbait. It’s one of the reasons that I’ve never been a fan of visible post counts on forums, it’s generally an indication of the posters who haven’t got anything better to do, or like to be the first person to respond, generally with something that isn’t particularly helpful. 

#6 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 December 2022 - 11:31 AM

Much of the world copied the Chinese lockdowns (from a society engineered around the power of digital surveillance) and then convinced/coerced/scared many citizens into downloading smartphone digital surveillance apps.....mind you Matt Hancocks costly 'Track and  Trace' UK version turned out to be not much good anyway! :lol:

Meanwhile I won't be able to drive my 2007 BMW 320D (a car of the type that Gordon Brown encouraged people to buy in his budgets!) over the London/Surrey border next year without paying Mayor Khan £12.50 everyday! At least classic cars including Minis over 40 years old are exempt!

Edited by mab01uk, 18 December 2022 - 11:39 AM.

#7 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 11:42 AM

Do people remember when miners leader Arthur Scargill said Thatcher was going to close all the mines down in the UK ?
People were saying that he was scare mongering!That it would not happen, Whole community's were and still are defistated by the decision, so I feel its something that we should seriously consider being restricted in the movement we make,let's face it all these taxes to enable us to travel in our cars are nothing to do with climate change whatsoever, if the powers that be were really concerned about the welfare of the world they would just ban all the fossil fuels the world over, they don't care about people only the money they can make from them, electric cars are a good example of this, they not pollution free in fact they have still got to work out what to do with the lithium batteries and all the other polluting items used to make thes so called clean cars. I don't use social media , read newspapers or watch the news on TV not until they all stop telling so many lies.....Rant over......!

Allan

#8 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 12:01 PM

Plenty of people have found that taking a step away from these things can make them happier

+100

I deleted Facebook about 5 years ago now and my general levels of stress / anger + annoyance over literally nothing whatsoever / arguing with people I don't know and will never meet have just vanished

It was literally the best thing I've done in the last 10 years

#9 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 12:34 PM

I've never been on FB and I'm that chilled you could carry me around in a bucket - a big one ;D

#10 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 December 2022 - 01:40 PM

I do not have any social media nor a smartphone and I am still a misery.I was born miserable.Steve..

#11 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 02:06 PM

I do not have any social media nor a smartphone and I am still a misery.I was born miserable.Steve..

Forums are social media 

#12 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 02:33 PM

You and me alike, well my better half is always telling me I'm an old misery guts anyway so it must be true !

Allan

#13 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 December 2022 - 05:03 PM

I stand corrected,I am a member of this forum.this is the only one and I feel very few negative vibrations from it.Steve..

#14 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 18 December 2022 - 06:33 PM

Forums don't contain pictures of people's dinners, gym "workouts" (posing in the mirror) and dimly educated political opinions lol

#15 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 December 2022 - 07:02 PM

Since Faceache caused the mass migration of many from forums, the good forums that have survived the exodus may be much quieter in post counts....but most of the remaining members seem to be the true enthusiasts with something worth saying or a question worth asking, along with a vast knowledge database that can be searched .......long may TMF continue !

Edited by mab01uk, 18 December 2022 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users