#1 aiden_hollis97

aiden_hollis97

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2023 - 11:40 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know what markings or numbers MiniSpares put on their Evo 1 camshaft please?
I’m looking at one online (not through MiniSpares as they are currently out of stock) and just wanted to confirm what I need to be looking out for, to ensure it’s genuine etc!

Cheers,
Aiden

#2 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 07:17 PM

This is the Evo cam I bought from Minispares probably 2 years ago, you would think it would say EVO 1

4cCjScF.jpg

#3 aiden_hollis97

aiden_hollis97

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 09:48 PM

Thanks mate - yes I thought there would be a more specific marking too!

The one I’m looking at has very similar colours and markings, code is F1222 and is a new one, so they must be serial numbers on the ends…

Cheers

#4 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 13 March 2023 - 09:38 PM

Just a stab in the dark based on other manufactured items; those numbers are possibly date of manufacture so 0419 either April 2019 or week 4 2019 and 1222 being December 22 or week 12 2022

The F.... no idea? 

I expect the only way to be certain what cam it actually is, would be to measure it and confirm the profile (assuming we know th eprofile of the Evo cam) but of course not simple for us mere mortals with only a tape measure and a bit of string!

Good marketing ploy not to mark any ID/part number on something as then you either buy from source (MS) to be certain what you're buying or you are in this conundrum of having to take the vendors word for it 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users