2 replies to this topic

#1 Bijou1200

Bijou1200

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2023 - 01:26 PM

Hello Everybody , Gregory 47 from france and owner since few weeks of 1997 MPI cooper. 

I'm struggling with a fuse C7 blown . When it's start it was 1 per week, now is all the time . Once I turn the key to ignition , the fuse blown out. 

Could it be the MEMS relay Module ???? 

I disconnect fuel pump and replace the safety button and the fuse burn anyway. 

I'm totally lost... 

Thanks for your help . I love my english small car but it make me nervous to not finding the issue... 

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 27 July 2023 - 05:51 PM

If you remove the plug from the inertia switch (safety button) does it still blow?

#3 mrriggs

mrriggs

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 11:39 PM

If a fuse is blowing then it likely means you have a short circuit somewhere. The good news is that finding something that is shorted all the time is much easier than finding an erratic short. 

Instead of "testing" it with a new fuse every time, you should use a test light in place of the fuse. Be sure the test light uses an incandescent bulb, not an LED. The idea is that the bulb will not only protect the circuit but also act as a visual indicator. If there is a short circuit then the bulb with light up brightly. Start flipping switch, unplugging connectors and/or jiggling wires until you see the test light flicker or go dim. Repair/replace whatever you found that is shorted THEN put in a new fuse.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users