55 replies to this topic

#1 Finchman

Finchman

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 07:12 PM

12 quid off ebay.. Diahatsu cuore high level brake light,.looks like the standard rover light..

Attached Files

#2 lsto

lsto

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 05:46 PM

Nice, I have an led strip light in mine but because it doesn't have the enclosure it glares at nighttime, this looks like a smart fix

#3 colinf1

colinf1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 07:16 PM

Nice, I have an led strip light in mine but because it doesn't have the enclosure it glares at nighttime, this looks like a smart fix

Any pictures of it? Like how it looks from outside etc

#4 lsto

lsto

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 05:56 PM

Any pictures of it? Like how it looks from outside etc

Sorry for the crappy quality but it was dark when I parked up.

Attached Files

#5 colinf1

colinf1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 07:43 PM

thanks for that, looks great, I'll upload a photo once I get mine sorted!

#6 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 08:58 AM

Having used a classic mini daily for the last 30 plus years I can`t stress enough the importance of a high level brake light.

There have been MANY instances were I have been close to getting rear ended and the discovery of third brake lights on ebay have drastically reduced the close ones from motorists that don`t see you there.

I always drive defensively and leave a decent gap in front of me should I need it so I can move forward or around the car in front.

Five years ago I did just that and drove to the side of the car in front of me that was then hit by the white van I saw skidding towards me. Lucky for me I don`t have a radio so I could hear the tyres screeching towards me.

I also keep my foot on the brake pedal when parked so the brake lights are always seen.

#7 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 26 November 2023 - 10:17 AM

Having used a classic mini daily for the last 30 plus years I can`t stress enough the importance of a high level brake light.

There have been MANY instances were I have been close to getting rear ended and the discovery of third brake lights on ebay have drastically reduced the close ones from motorists that don`t see you there.

I always drive defensively and leave a decent gap in front of me should I need it so I can move forward or around the car in front.

Five years ago I did just that and drove to the side of the car in front of me that was then hit by the white van I saw skidding towards me. Lucky for me I don`t have a radio so I could hear the tyres screeching towards me.

I also keep my foot on the brake pedal when parked so the brake lights are always seen.

I also can`t stress enough the importance of a high level brake light when driving a classic Mini in modern traffic.....

This was the damage below to an early 'barn find' Mini soon after a long restoration, after it was rear-ended by a Volvo driver who said they did not notice the small low down brake lights.

guLCGmLl.jpg

dIUiyht.png

kUdJzmm.png

3zrLp06.png

iS78sY6.png

After many months of insurance hassle and fighting against an insurance write-off the Mini has now been repaired and fitted with a high level brake light !!

Edited by mab01uk, 26 November 2023 - 10:20 AM.

#8 bangermadness08

bangermadness08

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 11:17 AM

I have the big black plastic rear fog light fitted on later minis on a stand in the rear of mine with a LED bulb. Big enough in the day to see and in the night completely glows the rear of the screen in red so no excuses. Best thing I’d ever fit

#9 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 11:17 AM

Ouch.. perhaps we can add headrests to the list of sensible upgrades at the same time hopefully no one was badly injured

#10 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 26 November 2023 - 01:54 PM

Ye its definitely something I will be looking to fit this winter. Already got LED brake lights and they are superb

#11 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 03:51 PM

Yup deffo a good idea, I'm in the middle of trying to sort out a retro looking one for my MK1, I've got a LED one coming for the Mrs mini.

Shooter

#12 lsto

lsto

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 07:00 PM

+1 on this, many moons ago I had a mini 30 that was stoved in and written off by a Mercedes. The driver said he didn't see the brake lights. Fitted a high level light on all my mini's since.

#13 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 26 November 2023 - 09:55 PM

Anyone got any links for high level light suggestions?

#14 Davidmt

Davidmt

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 08:42 PM

I am currently looking at this one.  Available on eBay & SVC.  

Attached File  s-l1600 (5).jpg   22.6K   10 downloads

Think it would suit my rear end :-).

Attached File  1000007617 (002).jpg   73.97K   21 downloads

#15 lsto

lsto

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 06:49 PM

I have one of these, cheap and cheerful. The legs rotate and have double sided tape on so it's just taped to the window.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users