Photo
- - - - -

Rear Subframe Support Pin And Flat Washer

Best Answer KevinS , 27 November 2023 - 02:29 PM

Hi nicklouse,  I've been confused too.

However after further investigation, I believe I know the answer to the problem I posted. If you take a look at the minispares parts diagram that shows PWZ207 and the Subframe Support Pin, it shows a PWZ207 washer to be fitted on the end of the Subframe Support Pin. This is incorrect. In addition and detailed within the same diagram, it also shows the large single trunion bush being installed in a way so that the large end rests against the head of the Support pin when in fact it should be located the other way round, wide part of Bush to subframe. 

I cannot take credit but thanks to Josh Willis at JW Mini Services in Ashford for pointing out the errors I was making.

Regards

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 08:18 PM

ah that's interesting... 

I was doing a trial subframe fit today anyway and yes I did put them that way around, and seeing as workshop manual says so I guess that's the way it's going to stay cheers

Edited by stuart bowes, 28 November 2023 - 08:18 PM.

#17 KevinS

KevinS

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 29 November 2023 - 08:03 AM

Never use a part diagram as fitting info. Use a workshop manual.

Morning,

Any recommendation where I could purchase a workshop manual for a Mk V. I already have a Haynes manual.

#18 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,948 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 29 November 2023 - 08:22 AM

Which Haynes? The last one with the dark blue cover is crap. The older Workshop versions are way better.

#19 KevinS

KevinS

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:18 AM

I've only the newer blue cover version. Seems so many sites offering workshop manuals but I'm not sure these are original or their quality. Would like to source a Rover Manual for the Mk 5 but where to source one from is the challange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users