• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 14 January 2024 - 08:56 AM

Made 156bhp with mine

With LT cams?
On an SW5 cam
I presume some sort of supercharging is involved then, but bloody impressive all the same.

Shooter

Yeh, its turbo charged 🤘🏽 recently changed the cam to an Avonbar phase 2

#17 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 15 January 2024 - 09:53 AM

I find it amazing that people can get so much power out of the A-Series, when I was last heavily into minis (early 2000's) 100BHP was an amazing figure to achieve an always involved some form of forced induction.

I'm not against engine swaps and if I wanted to get big power out of a mini I would probably look at doing it that way as its probably cheaper and ultimately probably would last longer as the engines swaps are less stressed but its great that people have kept on developing the A-Series to get to where they are today.

don't need forced induction for almost 100bhp. my 1380 with 276cam and minisport head got 96bhp with 92lb/ft torque with Rob doing their rollers back in the day

#18 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 02:10 PM

I find it amazing that people can get so much power out of the A-Series, when I was last heavily into minis (early 2000's) 100BHP was an amazing figure to achieve an always involved some form of forced induction.

I'm not against engine swaps and if I wanted to get big power out of a mini I would probably look at doing it that way as its probably cheaper and ultimately probably would last longer as the engines swaps are less stressed but its great that people have kept on developing the A-Series to get to where they are today.

don't need forced induction for almost 100bhp. my 1380 with 276cam and minisport head got 96bhp with 92lb/ft torque with Rob doing their rollers back in the day

i'd agree; 1380 with a 266cam, Calver ST head, 1.4 rockers and canems ignition made 98bhp with 96ft/lb torque without having to break 6K rpm

wxEQXx7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users