#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,805 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 March 2024 - 11:25 PM

Very sad to hear over the weekend that Frank (spraybeater) who restored the rare Coachbuilt Clubman Contessa sadly passed away at the beginning of the month.

I remember Frank first posting on TMF back in 2015 asking about a Mini he had looked at in need of restoration for a friend and asking if anyone had heard of a Clubman Contessa....

spraybeater (Frank)
"Hi folks just looked at a Mini for a friend ! 1978 Coach-built  Clubman Contessa built by a firm in Halifax!
in need of a restoration. Anybody heard of these ? its certainly one I had not heard of or seen before,
Looks to be built on the Radford or Wood and Picket ideas would make a nice little project if done properly."

The first TMF Forum thread:-

Coach Built Clubman

https://www.theminif...-built-clubman/

Frank's project restoration 20 page thread:-
Coachbuilt Oyler Contessa (The Countess)
https://www.theminif...a-the-countess/

Myself trying out the luxury leather drivers seat in Frank's (The Count) superbly restored rare Oyler Contessa in the 'Coachbuilt Mini Display' at Beaulieu back in 2018.

Ema7n6Pl.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 18 March 2024 - 11:28 PM.

#2 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 09:28 AM

Very sad indeed. I enjoyed reading his restoration progress updates. 

Sending sympathy to those who knew Frank. 

#3 Lowestoftmodder

Lowestoftmodder

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 12:47 PM

A sad day for sure

RIP and condolences to friends and family

#4 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,805 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 19 March 2024 - 05:03 PM

Message posted below from Frank's family:-
"It's with great sadness that we have to announce that Frank passed away on Friday 8th March after a long battle with illness. We know he had many friends in the model car & Mini enthusiast communities who we didn't always have the pleasure of meeting so while FB isn't the ideal way to pass on this news we hope you'll understand.
For anyone wanting to attend a service will be held in Frank’s memory at Dewsbury Moor Crematorium on Thursday 28th March at 10.30 am. In lieu of flowers there will be a collection for Kirkwood Hospice where Frank received the very best of care during his final days or donations can alternatively be made via the link below for those wishing to do so."
http://frankhubbard.muchloved.com
Thanks so much, Wilma, Martin & Chris x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users