Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

A Couple Of Issues / Faults.


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Ethel

Ethel

    ..is NOT a girl!

  • TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,795 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 September 2026 - 04:04 PM

Seems like a good shout. It can't have got that loose without doing something to the split pin or eating a fair amount of metal somewhere. That just leaves something preventing it pulling up fully when it was assembled.



#17 Steam

Steam

    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Location: Vic
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club

Posted 19 September 2026 - 12:52 AM

I did the flat washer torque thing when I first fitted the brakes years ago but did not this time after removing to replace the outer CV boots as I assumed the flat washer trick was a 1 time thing.

#18 68+86auto

68+86auto

    One Carb Or Two?

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • Location: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 19 September 2026 - 01:56 AM

I did the flat washer torque thing when I first fitted the brakes years ago but did not this time after removing to replace the outer CV boots as I assumed the flat washer trick was a 1 time thing.

 

Should be done every time. Not that I've done it every time since often I can't locate the special washer.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users