Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Tight Wheel Bearings


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Shooter63

Shooter63

    One Carb Or Two?

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • Location: Essex

Posted Today, 09:42 PM

 

The Timken bearing comes with a very thin shim for just this situation , check the packet the bearings came in. I think I did mention this in your " where is the spacer" post.

 

Shooter

 

Fitting that shim will make them tighter.

 

 

 

 

 

I presumed you can fit the shim between the shoulders giving a bit more clearance as well as behind no?

 

Shooter



#17 Gaz66

Gaz66

    One Carb Or Two?

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Location: Yorkshire

Posted Today, 10:12 PM

You appear all over this, so hopefully you can get a work around. Just a thought - are the drums and liners out of play completely.


I haven't got as far as fitting any drums or linings yet but as they are new too I'm hoping they all fit nicely...... I must admit its not looking good up to now though 😁




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users