Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:33 AM

Cheers pick up,
Fixing the arch itself will be pretty easy. Painting them on the other hand will be pretty impossible. because everything but doors, boot and bonnet are blended in. Therefore paint needs to blend in perfect or it'll look awful. But I have warned girlfriend that if a full re-spray is needed then she will pay and then some!
But she has refused an@l

#32 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:23 AM

:dontgetit: :dontgetit:

#33 Random Nonsense

Random Nonsense

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:58 PM

Will it be ok once i start My minus project to have a look over yours for ideast etc?

#34 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:18 PM

Jeepers Mate you hae been buissy. I think I say that Minus on Ebay earlyer this year, but it didn't reach it's reserve. Unless there are 2 Minuses that colour...
Looks realy good, small question exactly how many Mini's have you got as it looked like there was 3 in one Picture ?

#35 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:16 PM

Will it be ok once i start My minus project to have a look over yours for ideast etc?

Yeah sure. Just let me know when you want to come down.

#36 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:23 PM

Jeepers Mate you hae been buissy. I think I say that Minus on Ebay earlyer this year, but it didn't reach it's reserve. Unless there are 2 Minuses that colour...
Looks realy good, small question exactly how many Mini's have you got as it looked like there was 3 in one Picture ?

What do you reckon?
Although I have seen another mini this colour at Silverstone. It's like meeting your long lost twin!

Yep 3 mini's:

Smurfy - R1 engine
Minty - 1340 Minus 1969
????? - A 1975 Minus shell

#37 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:24 PM

Looked through about 1500 Fiat green colour samples today. It only took about 5 minutes to match it. It's nothing like the others.

Need a stroke of luck after last week. Especially after my exhaust got ripped off on a speed bump too!

That was a blessing in disguise tho, because it then became fairly obviuos that nothing had been sealed with exhaust paste and the link pipe drums against the remote gear box.
Once that's sorted should be loads quieter

#38 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:55 PM

This is the damage that girlfriend did to wheel arch.
Posted Image

Edited by Alburglar, 16 March 2009 - 06:12 PM.

#39 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 10:56 AM

Any Updates ?

#40 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:34 PM

Arch is fixed and painted and looks fine.
I also changed clutch master as it died completely last week and seems to be OK now.

Got some choice interior mods that I'm making at the mo but you'll have to wait and see.

#41 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:35 PM

Also looking for suitable high spec engine to Supercharge

#42 Random Nonsense

Random Nonsense

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 10:02 PM

Also looking for suitable high spec engine to Supercharge

As I said on MSN, I may be able to build something after Xmas, couple of other people interested, really depends who gets the money togeather for the build 1st.

#43 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:24 AM

Hmm......
Pm Sent

#44 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:53 PM

Just replaced radiator and know timing has buggered it self and Oil pressure is non existant due to bearing being worn out...

#45 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:02 PM

So got p8ssed off, went to Swiftune and ordered this:

CYLINDER BLOCK
COLD DIPPED IN 877 CHEMICAL DEGREASER/PAINT STRIPPER, TO REMOVE OIL, CARBON DEPOSITS,AND OLD PAINT, THEN HOT POWER WASHED,OFFSET BORED (73.5mm) &HONED, TOP FACE MACHINED TO IMPROVE PISTON SQUISH,NEW CAM BEARINGS FITTED, CENTRE MAIN CAP MACHINED AND FITTED WITH STEEL STRAP AND LONGER H/T BOLTS, ALL THREADS RETAPPED,DAMAGED ONES REPLACED WITH TIMESERTS, ALL THEN COUNTERSUNK, SIDE AND BOTTOM FACES CLEANED AND DEBURRED, IT IS THEN GIVEN A FINAL WASH, REPAINTED, NEW GALLERY AND CORE PLUGS FITTED.

CRANKSHAFT
DEGREASED,CHECKED FOR DAMAGE, REGRIND ALL JOURNALS, CNG HEAT TREATED, (HARDENED SURFACE) THE JOURNALS ARE THEN RELAPPED & POLISHED, DYNAMICALLY BALANCED SEPARATELY THEN AS A UNIT WITH FLYWHEEL ASSY & PULLEY.

CONRODS
B/ENDS CHECKED FOR OVALITY, ALIGNMENT, BALANCED END FOR END, AND OVERALL WEIGHT,THEN PISTONS ARE COLD PRESS FITTED.

FLYWHEELS/ BACK PLATE
RING GEAR CHECKED TO WITHIN LIMITS, CAREFULLY LIGHTENED, CLUTCH FACES REMACHINED, THEN DYNAMICALLY BALANCED WITH NEW
CLUTCH.

NEW PARTS TO COMPLETE BUILD.
POWERMAX PISTONS, VP2 COMPETITION BEARINGS,SWIFTUNE SPECIAL PROFILE CAMSHAFT, NEW CAM FOLLOWERS,NEW CAM THRUST PLATE, NEW STEEL LIGHT WEIGHT MULTIKEYWAY DUPLEX TIMING GEARS,GENUINE AP CLUTCH KIT INC. BEARING, GENUINE WATERPUMP, NEW STEEL BACK OIL PUMP, NEW B/END BOLTS AND NUTS,FULL PAYEN GASKET SETS NOT LOOSE GASKETS, SWIFTUNE REBUILT AND MODIFIED DISTRIBUTOR TO SUIT CAM AND COMP RATIO, TIMING CASES MODIFIED FOR DUPLEX T/GEARS, NEW SPECIAL STEEL HARMONIC DAMPER, NEW PLATED NUTS, BOLTS AND WASHERS TO COMPLETE BUILD.

SW10 – Many people have tried to emulate the Kent MD286 and failed, we are no exception to this however it is apparent that on later engines that have to conform to strict emission legislation and modern road conditions there was a need for a slightly cleaner/greener optimum road cam. Hence the SW10 – this cam is in no way superior to the 286, however where it does score is in the drive-ability stakes. If you are looking for the ultimate road cam that offers flexibility and is completely MOT proof the SW10 is it.
LUMINITION MAGNATRONIC IGNITION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users