217 replies to this topic

#181 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

then fitted 2 diaphram springs- normally their is only one, fitting 2 gives a bit more feel on the pedal

Attached Files

Edited by adyzr1, 12 May 2007 - 09:14 PM.

#182 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local Club: QQQQQ

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

Wow - and your SVA retest due shortly as well - nice work - nearly there! Good Luck mate and thanks for the help

phil

#183 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

JUST PASSED SVA!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! :w00t:

heres my minister's approval cerificate, got to go to DVLA to sort registration now........

Attached Files

Edited by adyzr1, 19 May 2007 - 11:48 AM.

#184 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

Congratulations mate :w00t: . Can't wait to catch up with you to have a good look at it in the flesh. Bet a few people will be shocked when you and your dad take them out together.

#185 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

ayup pete, thanks

hows it going? are you close to sva?

cant wait to have a run out with dads

#186 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:05 PM

Well done ady now go and give that ticket away. Why is the gross 900kg or was it a guess when filling in the form?
And what top speed at how many revs did you put?

#187 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

The weights i gave were the same as my last kit car (it had the same brake set up) dont really understand what they mean as its not the weight of the car? (car only weights @580 kg)

all i know is the mini weighs roughly the same as my caterham replica so kept the figures the same, for the brake test

i put top speed 110mph (below tyre ratings)

max rpm i put 11,000rpm (he did the noise test at 5500rpm) got the noise down to 96db ,i made an insert with some aluminium mesh and fibreglass matting rolled around it

Edited by adyzr1, 19 May 2007 - 09:22 PM.

#188 philmin

philmin

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local Club: QQQQQ

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

congrats mate, glad it went well for you, thanks for the help with the arches, they arrived and fit!!!!!!!

nice one!
phil

#189 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

No probs phil- post some piccys :w00t:

#190 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

JUST PASSED SVA!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! :thumbsup:

heres my minister's approval cerificate, got to go to DVLA to sort registration now........

looking good ade glad you got through sva ok, had all sat on mine have fitted cbs electric heaters like you were going to for demist, did you use them in the end? just waiting for rear arches for mine and a chassis plate to be made and i can mot it looks like a race to the finish! ps your dads car is looking fab as well-if we get anymore around here well have to start a z cars northern owners club!!! How long until you get it registered do you think?

cheers oli

#191 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

Well done mate! Can't wait to see it on the road.

Got to wait until July for my 2nd driving test!

#192 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:18 PM

Hi

oli, used similar heaters to cbs ones . should be registered this week...spoke to guy at DVLA last week , he asked me to call him monday. my last kit car took 3 days from handing in paperwork so hopefully shoulnt take long.
ive got all my receipts together hoping to get an 07 plate (wont need an mot for 3 years then)

got to sort a trailer soon to get a suspension setup at z cars (did you hire yours?) as i dont want to drive it again until it is properly setup.

Dan, thats a long wait?? bet your gutted :thumbsup:

Edited by adyzr1, 20 May 2007 - 06:20 PM.

#193 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

8 week waiting list! Dont want to wait that long but dont have much choice

Did you try to phone me last night? was at work

#194 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hi

oli, used similar heaters to cbs ones . should be registered this week...spoke to guy at DVLA last week , he asked me to call him monday. my last kit car took 3 days from handing in paperwork so hopefully shoulnt take long.
ive got all my receipts together hoping to get an 07 plate (wont need an mot for 3 years then)

got to sort a trailer soon to get a suspension setup at z cars (did you hire yours?) as i dont want to drive it again until it is properly setup.

well glad about the heaters there not fantastic but they will hardly ever get used any way, so there only there so the mot man can put his hand over and feel warm air coming out, thats good news about the registration hope it goes through quickly.I have had a little go in mine before and after setting suspension up and it makes a big difference, i borrowed my trailer off a guy who races a caterham however he had since sold the car/trailer package on so im on the look out to buy one meself, however did look into hiring them and its cheap enough if you have something to tow it with-get a twin wheeler trailer they tow much better

#195 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

thanks oli,
will see how much a twin wheeler would be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users