23 replies to this topic

#16 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

great, id like some airbrushing done on my bonnet. i might give him a call thanks

#17 LeeDJC

LeeDJC

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

no probs :(

#18 Minwah

Minwah

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

any sign writing company that do muti colour (picture type) signs...

I disagree...most signwriting companies can produce stickers yes, but the quality is not great. It doesn't have to be because usually the sticker is viewed from relatively far away. For a dash you would want really high quality.

I tried a few companies for the artwork on my arcade machine, and believe it or not I had to get it done in the USA to get quality I was happy with. And IIRC it was cheaper than quotes I got from lesser UK firms.

Also, if you get stuff printed, make sure you design your image in the colour mode that it will be printed in. Converting from/to CMYK/RGB can leave your image looking washed out and not as intended.

#19 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Wow Lee,

Just seen the finished article and I'm really impressed (you have a pm).

ps I doubt dashofcolour would have been too impressed someone asking them to spray another companies dashboard :D

Edited by Nick The Greek, 15 February 2007 - 07:44 PM.

#20 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:49 PM

Wow Lee,

ps I doubt dashofcolour would have been too impressed someone asking them to spray another companies dashboard :D

dont see why not, its a business. and if you build a custom dash or something they dont supply then i dont see why you cant make use of their other services.
they would be crazy to turn the business down in my opnion

#21 LeeDJC

LeeDJC

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

Wow Lee,

dont see why not, its a business. and if you build a custom dash or something they dont supply then i dont see why you cant make use of their other services.
they would be crazy to turn the business down in my opnion

Personally I wouldn't have gone to them and asked them to airbrush our dash, even if I did like the artwork. It seems like taking the wee a bit to get a dash made elsewhere and then asking them nicely if they can paint it for me. The dash I got from Steve isn't really anything different from what they produce, just a better quality at a more realistic price!

#22 plally

plally

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

Just a quick update!

We decided to go down the airbrushed route in the end. Even though it's more expensive, we could get exactly what we want!

I've attached a pic of it prior to it being lacquered. Needless to say once the lacquering is done it will look the dogs danglies!

that is well smart!!

#23 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

please check the dates on the last post of threads BEFORE posting! This thread has been dead for over a year!

#24 Aaron_Gardner

Aaron_Gardner

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

thts amazing :]]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users