#1 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

Hello people.
Ok again I'm changing my mind for the colour of my mini. Don't ask me why (as I don't even know why) but i've always since I can remember wanted an orange mini. NO NOT AGAIN!!!! I hear you cry. Well I'm sticking to the idea for more reasons but anyway my mind has gone over many different schemes. Of course I have thought of all orange or orange and black but everyone seams to do that. I know Retro10 has more ideas than me as I've read some of his posts :( You might be able to help. I'm gonna have a blue interiour so was thinking, what do you think of maybe trying to match a nice deep orange with a deep blue roof and arches. Stop me now if you think it's gonna be really bad. I'll post up some pics I've found that is kinda the orange I like. Hope it'll give you an idea. All inputs welcome. Thank you

[attachment=27593:colour2_Background.jpg] [attachment=27594:colour3_Background.jpg]

and this is what it's going on (will have different wheels so don't mind them)

[attachment=27595:mini1.jpg]

This look but different colours

[attachment=27596:miniracing2.jpg]

Edited by ginger_monkey, 14 February 2007 - 10:58 PM.

#2 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:00 AM

hi ,

i know exactly how your feeling im in the same prediciment im going for respray in a few weeks and im changing my mind all the time im liking the colour your on about because i had the same one but i think im going all over blue now just dont know which blue i think it will be r32 or skoda vts blue not sure have a look at this may help you out a bit its a photoshop of mine with the orange blue idea youve got it made me change my mind .,

http://www.theminifo...x...1&hl=lee439

lee

Edited by lee439, 15 February 2007 - 12:01 AM.

#3 cooper_shaz

cooper_shaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

I am in the process of painting my Mini, as I have just renewed the whole front end..
(Was showing a couple rust bubbles).

The factory colour is called Volcano, it is a pearescent orange with a very slight red/dark orange tint.
Ford used a similar colour on the Focus.

Anyway, stripped the front end off last weekend and put the new panels on, this weekend will paint and re-assemble..
will post up some pics for you as looking at the pics above i think it is the kind of colour you want. <P>

Posted ImagePosted Image

here are a couple pics of the colour.., but as the car is in doors you dont see the full effect of the paint ..

Will finish it this weekend and take some more pics if you want..

cheers
shaz

Edited by cooper_shaz, 15 February 2007 - 10:44 AM.

#4 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

Some interesting ideas there. I've been looking up on the colour in my pics and it's Lamborghini Gallardo Arancio Borealis orange. Is soooo nice. I did look at the focus colour but think it's a bit paler than this one. Want it deep. Interested to see what that comes out like though cooper_shaz.

Here are some more pics I found off a dealer. That's a main dealer not one that stands on a corner :(

[attachment=27613:Arancio_...s_orange.JPG]

#5 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

hi,

funny you should mention the lambo colour it is actually exactly the same as ford have borrowed the colour from them sounds unusual but i was reading up on it on the st foucus owners forum yesterday as someone has had trouble mixing the paint im going for that orange but the paint is water based and expensive so im having a damn near match mixed with acrylic i will try and get you the link of the focus forum its an interesting read

lee

#6 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Is it really the same? I've seen the focus in the flesh and didn't think it was the same. Saying that show room pics and cars outside can look alot different.

#7 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

hello again,

have a read of this should confirm the lambo is the same colour that is if we can beleive them! when are you getting yours sprayed mine should be done in 3 weeks or so post up a pic if its done sooner then it may make my mind up for me if not visa versa

lee

http://www.focusstoc...p;hl=paint code

Edited by lee439, 15 February 2007 - 09:04 PM.

#8 wilcooper

wilcooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:24 PM

Like this? :D

Posted Image

#9 wilcooper

wilcooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:31 PM

OR:

Posted Image

#10 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

Thanks for the link lee. Might be right then. I'm getting that good old rustoleum probably so gonna do a colour match so the paint will be better and thicker as I've heard a few say that the proper stuff is thin. Not doing it for a while as I need a few bits welded first so when your's is done you could PM a pic if ya like that would be cool. Also thanks Wildcooper that looks ace. Might have to go ahead with it. My photoshop is buggered so can't do pics but was never able to colour the white front very well.

Update. Just put money down on a bike and as I was in the showroom I found this. What do you think of that colour. It's called pearl wildfire orange. Very yummy in the flesh.

[attachment=27671:IMAGE_014.jpg]
[attachment=27672:IMAGE_015.jpg]
[attachment=27670:IMAGE_016.jpg]

Edited by ginger_monkey, 16 February 2007 - 11:22 AM.

#11 wilcooper

wilcooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:12 PM

Looks good ginger, really bright and powerful, would stand out very well!!!

#12 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:12 PM

I know Retro10 has more ideas than me as I've read some of his posts :P

aww shucks.

I think the orange and blue is a nice change mate, certainly when compared to the swarm of orange/black and red/black minis that are around now, ultimatley it's down to you.

Lol my pet hate is MG bloody trophy flipping blue. so don't do that colour... :D

#13 mad4mins

mad4mins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Local Club: WAMO!

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:58 AM

[attachment=27596:miniracing2.jpg]

this mini was a Slarks last summer.. beasty turbo drag car!!! sound aweful at the time i was there though lol... and he was driving it up and down the industrial estate without brakes!! :D eek!!

Edited by mad4mins, 17 February 2007 - 01:59 AM.

#14 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

I've always thought black and orange looks great on minis. But if you want orange, DONT go for the focus ST colour! Its a two stage pearl and a complete bastid to match if you get any scratches. I've just had to paint the bonnet of an ST at work and he wanted it edge to edge, which basically means you don't blend the colour onto the wings, so the colour has to be spot on. We mixed up 9 variants of the colour from different paint manufacturers, and he best shade still isn't spot on. Also insurance companies are now refusing to payout if your car is painted that colour, beacsue the colour is so difficult to match, if you get a wee scratch, you have to spray the whole side! Ford aren't even producing cars in that colour any more. There are lots of cool metallic/pearl oranges to choose from, I think volcano looks pretty nice.

#15 lee439

lee439

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

thanks for that panelbeaterpete could save me a lot of hassle too !! im off to halfords tomorow to get some samples of pearl metallic paint in orange i will post up the results

lee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users