#16 TWICEmonkey

TWICEmonkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Local Club: A-Serious.com & TMF

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

With the right power to weight you could hit that 160 MPH mark... I am thinking that 130-140 will be hit in the 1/4 mile with a well prepped track, good tires, and some wheelie bars, and that is just with spray and some good suspension tuning.

Who knows though, I guess we won't really find out for sure until my other cars get sold and I get one of these over to the states:) I know not many people really work over minis for drag racing as the main purpose, so hopefully we will be able to do some things that haven't been done before..

-Ethan

On paper, my mate's Mini VTEC (the 1.6L) can do 160mph, but he's only been brave enough to take it to 140mph. It's got a modified final drive before anyone asks how he did it. Only weight saving is a fibreglass clubby front and only a driver's seat in there.

Welcome to TMF, by the way...good luck with the 'busa Mini...don't put in too much power in though. Huddersfield Spares did one, slapped on the boost to give 550bhp and they say it just makes it spin out (short weel base and all), so they run about 250bhp I think.

And to SAILINON: Ebanks is in Kansas City (click on his name)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users