#91 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

mark im trying to work out what the handbrake is for???? could it be a rally thing me thinks.
lol rob

#92 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hi Mark its looking good, hopefully i might see you all at cadwell-have just been looking through my pictures on me computer and found these two

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by oli79, 17 February 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#93 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:41 AM

Cheers Oli, Fairplay the mini looks really fresh there, it was just before it was sold to the guy in Belguim who i bought it off, Now i can see where all the changes were made.
It had full glass fitted and sidepods on when i bought it.
See you at cadwell, although i wont have the mini ready as the wiring is taking longer than expected plus im working nights all week again so no garage time unfortunately

Cheers

#94 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:08 PM

Cheers Oli, Fairplay the mini looks really fresh there, it was just before it was sold to the guy in Belguim who i bought it off, Now i can see where all the changes were made.
It had full glass fitted and sidepods on when i bought it.
See you at cadwell, although i wont have the mini ready as the wiring is taking longer than expected plus im working nights all week again so no garage time unfortunately

Cheers

Hi Mark, pics were just some i took when i went for my test drive, just thought they may be of interest to ya, bet you are gutted about not being able to have car ready, its a bit of a shame-although there is a whole seasons racing ahead which is one way to look at it, i will be at Cadwell if i can make it, will keep an eye out for familar faces

oli

#95 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

well the wiring is taking longer than expected but its coming together now!!
The main part behind the dash is going together with all the relays etc so i just got the bike loom modified aswell

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

carpet underlay is only for protecting the floor whilst im building it!! Far too heavy otherwise..............

May give cadwell a miss tomorrow and push on with the loom.

#96 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

Well finally got the car loom finished and just left the wires loose to power the engine and relevant sensors etc to connect up, The engine loom is done seperatley and connected once tested.

Dash is now refitted with rivnuts so easy removal if needed and also moved the gear indicator to the top of the dash where it can be seen more easily, Just got to fit the oil pressure light into the hole left in the dash from the indicator, Now also fitted a Racetech capliary Oil pressure gauge just in case although the stack measures it aswell but the seperate gauge is easier to read with a glance.

Posted Image

The engine now runs again!!!!!!!!!! >_< :gimme: :gimme: :dontgetit: :D :( :P

I have also left the connections in for the std busa dash as it comes with full diagnostics so it seems silly to chop it all out for the sake of a few extra wires. I have just got to cut the excess non required wire out of the loom and solder up the relevant resistors and all the connections i have made which are just twisted together at the moment whilst i was testing everything.

Posted Image

So another big push is on for this weekend to get all the bulkhead finished and refit the glass for now as the perspex has got to go on hold as i have had a slight accident with the heated front screen whilst it was removed from the car!!! :P :P :dontgetit: :dontgetit: so the perspex money has been spent on a replacement heated screen for now.
Im hoping to just have the seats and a few silly jobs left to do next week!!

Cheers

#97 Ferrina1275

Ferrina1275

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

So when it's all done, do you have to have it SAV tested or just an MOT?

#98 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

It is currently Mot'd and insured so im just going to Tax it when its ready for the road.

#99 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

Ive had a nother full weekend in the garage and it isnt far off now, Just waiting for a 1 3/4" holesaw to cut the hole for the main wiring loom grommet and the ECU, Powercommander and regulator can all be mounted.
Finally fitted all the bulkhead and fitted rivnuts for easy removal in the future but left the covers off so i can tie up the wiring and pipes etc.
Got the front and rear screens in with help off a friend on sunday.
Managed to get the job list down to a single page now so its not far off ready to drive.
Next weekend should see it done.
Heres a few pics of progress...................

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoping to go to oulton park with it for the first race meeting and will get the scrutineers to check it over again.

Cheers

#100 HILTY

HILTY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

It looks fantastic mark, maybe I should have paid you to build mine, really tidy.

Hilty

#101 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

It looks fantastic mark, maybe I should have paid you to build mine, really tidy.

Hilty

Cheers mate for the comments, I got an R1 mini coming soon for a few jobs to be done, Will get some pics of them both together.
Its almost ready now, Just waiting for a bit of foam rubber seal to put under the bulkhead sections and fasten the seats in and shes ready, I have driven it down the drive already but thats about it for now. Even give it a wash to get rid of all the dust and grime from the last few months of work.

Posted Image

It doesnt look a lot different from the outside really but its had a few thousand spent on her and a few hundred hours of work gone in to it aswell.

Im really pleased with the electrics now on the car,

Posted Image

compared to how it was when i bought it................

Posted Image

Plus its all realyed up properly now with minimal voltage loss.
Back in the garge now to do some polishing.

Cheers

#102 Dan1991

Dan1991

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

Nice work, good bulid.

:)

#103 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

Now managed to final fit the bulkhead panels as i have put sticky back foam on all the covers to keep the noise and dust etc out a little.

Posted Image

Final fitted the 1st seat and belts for the last time hopefully, Seats are a lot more sturdy on my new alloy subframes.

Posted Image

Just the second seat to fit but ive ran out of titanium bolts so i will have to wait till next week but everthing is drilled off ready.
I will be busy the next few days anyway with another mini which need a few jobs sorting out. :thumbsup:

After a bit of reorganisation in the garage i managed to get the pair of them in!!!

Posted Image

Mine is rerady for driving now so i will be at oulton next weekend.

Cheers

Edited by markrally73, 22 March 2008 - 08:25 PM.

#104 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

Looking very good Mark! top work, as usual :lol:

#105 Fevmeister

Fevmeister

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Local Club: Central Mini

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:47 PM

Top marks, fantastic. Really really professional work. I would be more than happy if I recieved that kind of a job from a professional garage!
Now enjoy your monster creation!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users