664 replies to this topic

#661 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

The horn, I just connected it via a relay and used the horn buttons on the wheel as the trigger for the relay as they can't really take the current of the horn.

The wipers were just colour for colour if you're using a Rover 200 for the stalk wiring, mine matched up with the wiring already in the car. I just chopped the wiring plugs off the Rover in the breakers leaving about 4 inches, then chopped the wires off the original Mini wiper stalks and just soldered them colour for colour. The intermittent wipers were a bit of a ball ache and I can't really remember how I connected them now. I did have to buy an intermittent wiper relay from Car Builder Solutions.

#662 evansisgreat

evansisgreat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Have you ever seen a metro heater switch? I happened to come across one on ebay the other day and it's basically an MPI light level switch that's already converted to a heater switch.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a209cdacc

Wish I'd found it sooner, might have saved you some troubles!

#663 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Ahh, I knew I'd seen something like that before, that would have looked much neater too.

Cheers dude, might buy one and have a play about with it.

#664 toscadj

toscadj

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Local Club: Classic Mini Club Uruguay

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hi, can you fix the images? I really want to do some mods, and your pictures will help me a lot!
Regards
Emilio

#665 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Woah, haven't updated this for a while!

Nothing I can do about the photo's, Fotki has deleted loads of my pictures because the albums haven't been looked at for a while.  I'll try contacting them though as I'm quite annoyed by it.

Anyway.  I have decided that I'm actually going to use the Mini this year, so, I've brought it out of my gran's garage and put it in out unit where my truck usually lives so I can do the little jobs that's needed and actually drive it.

First job was to waste some of the full tank I put in over a year ago, it was running like a bag of ****, really down on power, a nightmare to start from cold, once it was running it was ok but not fantastic, guessing it was because the fuel went off, I took it for a long run to get it down to about half a tank, then topped up with some fresh super unleaded to dilute it a bit, I'll run the tank right down then fill up again.  Even after a short drive, it seems to be running better and better.  I've adjusted the ignition map too as it wasn't idling properly, I'm hoping having it set at about 12 deg btdc at idle is ok, it certainly runs better set at that.  I think it was set at 16 deg beforehand.

After driving it for a bit, it seems that I have some suspension issues, the rear end seems very loose, I'm hoping it's just a combo of tyre pressures being a bit down and the fact that the suspension hasn't been greased for a few years.

Today, I gave it a quick oil & filter change using some Millers 20/50 as I can't actually remember when the oil was changed and the gearbox didn't seem happy when changing down from 3rd to 2nd.  

00396218940234-vi.jpg

With the oil changed, and slightly concerned over how many metal filings were on the sump plug, (probably due to the gearbox crunching) I took it for a quick run, engine seems smoother and the gearbox is back to normal.

Next job is to get the front arches trimmed so I can fit the original style arches then finally get to lower it a bit.  I've added tie bars to the shopping list as the drivers side one is quite worryingly bent out of shape, noticed that when I did the oil change.

So, there we have it for now.  I'll try and keep this updated too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users