18 replies to this topic

#16 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, it's nothing special. Just 1/2" heater hose. Most car part places will do them, if not they will probably cut 3" off the end of a roll of 13mm heater hose and not bother to charge you!

#17 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

Never has the word 'concertina' been used so many times in one thread! ;)

Well I had a concertina one on my car for years, not problems, saves loads of pain taking the rad and waterpump out.... esp if you have a Mk1or2 where getting the rad out is a little harder. you could always carry a spare...

I did however replace it with heater hose when I changed the head.

#18 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

heater hose is fine... or if you want uber reliability - a piece of high pressure pipe that you use to connect up oil coolers will last a lifetime!

#19 Millers Mini

Millers Mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Local Club: National Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

Cheers guys, I fitted the bypass pipe today it took me about 2 hrs in the pouring rain, what a fool hey but it was the only chance I got.

I opted for the corrugated type in the end as I had already brought one before seeing the advise about straight hose although I will probably regret it.

What a stupid design though, you would think such a small piece of pipe would be easy to fit but I had to remove the grill to loosen the alternator to allow me to free the fan belt and then strip out the rad and water pump.

Anyway thanks again for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users