• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

Centre console (Purple or Black) with radio slot: HERE
Boot lining kit: HERE
Alpine headunit: HERE

Now I already have a pair of these 5x7's in my front dash: HERE

I want to add to further add to my ICE, what sub/amp configuration would you recommend to me ? (remember it needs to be compatible with my front speakers).

I'm open to all options, wether it's two 8" subs somewhere, or a big one in the boot. I'm also planning on removing the back seats if that is any help.

Cheers :dozing:

#2 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

also to mention that I only have a 998, so if you think a sub is going to add too much weight, i'm open to alternatives.

#3 mayfairjimmy

mayfairjimmy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Local Club: Bucks Mini Club

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

hey mate
used to run a 998 with my sub etc...its alright for just one they aren't to bad.... People i've spoken to say stick with all the same make of things...my friend runs all Vibe and sounds awesome. if you want discreet then make a speaker board for under the seat..various combo''s can go there and a sub wiher in a box in the boot or on the parcel shelf you can go up to 12"

#4 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

I was thinking of maybe going for dual 8" subs somewhere in the car, as I mainly listen to D&B so I need it to be more punchy than a 12"..can you fit two 8's in the boot ?

#5 Jamier101

Jamier101

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

Edited by Jamier101, 16 November 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#6 PhoenixSimon

PhoenixSimon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: BOGMOC

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:56 AM

8's are ok but your better with a single 10" for D&B and it will be less hassle to mount. Single 10" in a sealed box in the boot will work wonders.
Simon

#7 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

you could get 2x 8"'s in the boot..

but i think for drum and bass 10" would be better anyways as simon says...

#8 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

how about the type-r

http://www.caraudiod...f06214039362702

(which version do I want?)

Can you help me out with an amp, I have no idea what I need so that it will work with the both my speakers and the sub.
And i've been told that I shouldnt buy a sub in a pre-made enclosure because they dont usually fit in the boot ?

Edited by lemmingzappa, 14 June 2007 - 04:36 PM.

#9 PhoenixSimon

PhoenixSimon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

Never really been a fan of alpine speakers, head units are the best and I wouldnt have any other but the speakers lack punch and are a bit too week for me.
The RE stuff is well respected and is a good price.

RE 10"

As for an amp you just need a good 4 channel one with as much power as you can get, look at what fuses it has rather than quoted output. 1500 watts and a single 25 amp fuse tells you its not got half as much power as it quotes. Allways use RMS power figures not max. The higher the raing of fuses the more power it will kick out. Dont bother with a cheap amp kit though make sure you get at least 4awg cable and a really good earth of the same size wire aswell.
Simon

Edited by PhoenixSimon, 15 June 2007 - 07:52 AM.

#10 samwell

samwell

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Local Club: SC Spammers

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

theyr right about 10" in a sealed enclosure. One of my best mates has one in his yarrie which you can hear when he gets his car back from the unrolling company. V good for DnB, hip-hop, all sorts. But active i say. Saves u messing around with trying to get an amp to match ur sub, because someones already done it for u.

samwell

#11 lemmingzappa

lemmingzappa

Tubby White Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

theyr right about 10" in a sealed enclosure. One of my best mates has one in his yarrie which you can hear when he gets his car back from the unrolling company. V good for DnB, hip-hop, all sorts. But active i say. Saves u messing around with trying to get an amp to match ur sub, because someones already done it for u.

samwell

yeah true, active does save some hassle. But without the amp my front speakers wont hold up too well.

#12 edjohnson

edjohnson

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

yeh tis true bout the 10" sub, very musical and versatile

why do you think most bass players use 10" speakers?

because there the best all round driver for reproducing bass frequencies equally across the board

but if there was room in a mini i'd have 2 or 4 tens and a single 15

#13 PhoenixSimon

PhoenixSimon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

theres allways room! I used to run 4 12" subs in a standard nova boot with 2 sets of 6x9's (ashamed to say) on the rear shelf and a 200 series rover with 6 x 12" subs (no 6x9's though thankfully). The rover was awesome but didnt like having the rear window in one peice much!
Simon

Active subs are a compromise as the amps are not really much kop but will get you by.

#14 insamoufonyx

insamoufonyx

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Local Club: NorthSomersetMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:38 PM

whats the point? i have 1 12" JBL 1200w powerd by a JBL GTO Amp and it gives more than enough bass and im really into bass, that many subs is stupid waste of money to be honest.

#15 PhoenixSimon

PhoenixSimon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:33 AM

depends on what sort of sound your after, its not a stupid waste of money!! whats the point in buying an exspensive watch for example when a cheap copy does the same thing. Its personal taste and it would be nice if you respected others opinions.
Simon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users