#241 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Forum

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

Map if your using the HIF44 carb the tps stands for throttle position sensor so you need to attach this to the carb somewhere which would be difficult.

bit ot dan but how did you get your sc kit so cheap? is this the normal price for them? as im loking at them at mo.

Thanks for that, I got it from Morspeed, it took 9 months to get it, and I paied cash, so got him down a lot ;) , I think they retail at about £1000 - £1300, depends where you go and what you get. Personally I would see about a different set up or different supercharger as the Eaton 45 suck through set up isn't the best at the moment :D .

MAP is always the better option, TPS is only useful on systems with multiple separate intakes where getting a clean, average, MAP signal is difficult.

Thanks for that Ethel >_< .

#242 Komenda

Komenda

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

Great guide and a very interesting thread. I have a question about an MPi engine, I'm currently putting together a 1330 Supercharged MPi engine and as a result will have to bin the Rover ECU.

Will the Megajolt setup you are talking about work the same way with the throttle body and injectors or is it better to dump the lot and go carb?

#243 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Megajolt does not control any fuel injection. You'll need MegaSquirt or similar for that :thumbsup:

#244 Komenda

Komenda

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Megajolt does not control any fuel injection. You'll need MegaSquirt or similar for that :thumbsup:

Cheers for that, just read that it doesn't control fuelling only ignition. Megasquirt looks epically complicated and DIY :thumbsup: . I think Canems is the option.

Edited by Komenda, 12 July 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#245 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC AND MMC

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Does the new Triggerwheels Rev counter thing they are selling, allow a Smiths RVI Tacho to be driven?

#246 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

I don't know what a Smiths RVI Tacho is. I know that I used the RPM output from my Megajolt unit to drive my Nippon clocks from a 1995 Cooper, don't know if that helps you at all Liirge?

#247 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,364 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

courtesy of Autosportlabs ,

"If you have an RVI type tachomoter, you can replace it, have an add-on circuit board added inside, or replace all the inside working parts with those from a newer tachometer ie retain the original face, but change everything else. For that approach you need a donor which has the same angular swing per 1000rpm, as the Smiths gauge."

They also have the diagram for the diode array thingy Triggerwheels are flogging, it's for a different Tacho type.

#248 liirge

liirge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,097 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC AND MMC

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

So i take it that in Short no, the RVI type is still unusable!

#249 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the guide Matt, i'm considering a megasquirt to control the fuelling as well, however with a supercharger am thinking it wont have too much of an effect on it as they drink quite a bit of fuel as it is.

#250 1275 SPRITE

1275 SPRITE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hi, I've read through the thread and I think its very usefull.
The only thing I'm not sure about is : What do you do with the normal coil and elec dizzy wiring please?
From what I've read my understanding is that the original wiring is not used for anything, as the MJ will just need a +ve supply and earth etc, and the other wires to the MJ unit are from the EDIS etc?

#251 Kerrin

Kerrin

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Local Club: Manx Mini Register

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

I used the original ignition live wire to power the EDIS and the Coil in the engine bay. My reasoning for this was to save additional wiring/fuseboxes in the engine bay. The new extra wire was wrapped to the standard loom with new loom tape so is hidden.

The MJ unit itself is fed by a small fusebox mounted under the dash.

The other two Dizzy/coil spade connectors are taped up into the loom at the front and not used. I think they are just a loop in the loom between the coil and dizzy, and not attached to anything else.

#252 1275 SPRITE

1275 SPRITE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for that, like you said it should save useing extra wiring and it also should be fused. :(

#253 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,364 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

The coil feed isn't fused, but I don't think it will be that much of an issue, the Edis could probably be well and truly fried by much less current than it 'd take to blow a fuse.

#254 1275 SPRITE

1275 SPRITE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

Got my MJ bits today through the post :D Its the MJLJ V4
Going to have a play at the weekend to see if I can get it mostly fitted. Not much wiring needs to be done at all as the whole Ford loom was included in the sale!
Here is a pic of it laid out, just need to pick up a couple of lives and earths (for the EDIS and MJ).
Then all that is left to do is fit the trigger wheel to the crank pulley and make up some sort of bracket for the crank sensor :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 1275 SPRITE, 21 August 2009 - 10:59 PM.

#255 jamiestevenbell

jamiestevenbell

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

is there any companys in the uk that can tune my megajolt on a rolling road and also tune my carb?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users