Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Local Club: oldham and district mini club

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

As far as domestic wiring does cable is the solid stuff

the bendy stuff you can use with a plug is flex

But I was only taking the pee out of the efforts some people go to to achieve "Hifi" sound when there's a bloody great noisy engine a few feet from the speakers.

as usual

#17 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,421 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

That's unfair,

This is the first time I've taken the pee over in car entertainment >_<

I do try to offer some decent advice sometimes too and doesn't the pee taking make things a little more entertaining?

#18 screech

screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

no not at all, we are all here to help and to get help not to take the'pee', the general chat sections is better for that.

>_<

#19 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:29 PM

What's up with mains cable - suppose it has to oxygen free copper with the right radio isotopes, only available from one Bolivian mine, with 24ct gold connectors crimped on with Yaks teeth pliers or your speakers won't sound right?

Ethel after a previous 24,673 posts and years being a team member helping run the group I think you should report yourself at the next mini forum team meeting for your tongue in cheek post.
Yours sincerely.
Mr Disgusted of Royal Tunbridge Wells.

Edited by Chris1275gt, 23 September 2022 - 05:29 PM.

#20 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 03:03 PM

there is a valid point despite the tongue in cheek piss-takery though.. a lot of hi-fi cable sales talk is pure junk

gold plated RCA's and HDMI's makes absolutely no difference (on good authority from sound engineers I happen to know) .. 'special speaker cable', I don't think so.  Problem is now the sales gumph has become so widespread that pretty much all of them are gold coloured now just to make sure they sell

anyway for speaker cable, as stated the right size core and some decent flexibility is the only thing you really need to be concerned about.  having said which I have used domestic wiring a number of times (solid core and stranded flavours) and I've never set fire to my hair or caused any major casualties of any kind, it sounded exactly the same as well.  the main reason being I work for an electrical contractor so 1.5mm and 2.5mm mains cable / flex / singles are freely available

stranded would be better through door hinges obviously due to repetitive open/closing movement 

Edited by stuart bowes, 23 October 2022 - 03:14 PM.

#21 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 22 August 2023 - 09:59 AM

Can you really listen to the radio in a mini ? I've tried but ended up turning the radio off in the end, the sound of the screaming A series is better than any sounds coming from the music box ! Unless you're stationery on the traffic filled roads of London of course.

Allan

#22 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 14 September 2023 - 06:03 PM

Can you really listen to the radio in a mini ? I've tried but ended up turning the radio off in the end, the sound of the screaming A series is better than any sounds coming from the music box ! Unless you're stationery on the traffic filled roads of London of course.

Allan

I ditched the radio when I restored and put a turbo on. I wear ear buds now 😄

Edited by Steve220, 14 September 2023 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users