#46 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

ha i have now...

this looks rather simple like...might buy a bangewr of amini n give it a shot...

Do u think it would fit into a GTM rossa?/

Edited by Bert, 16 December 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#47 mini_matt_106

mini_matt_106

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:21 AM

this is far to tempting! im already on ebay searching for micra engines and thinking of going out in the morning to check out th local scrappies!
makes it look all too simple me thinks but looks good idea for my first engine transplant :shy:

#48 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

yeah guys the micra engine is a great place to start if ur thinkin about going nissan. what we have realised over the past year is that when finished its easily upgradeable to the CG10 16valve engine and the CG13DE and CGA3de since the gearbox, shifter shafts etc is exactly the same or interchangeable. currently i'm doing a CG13DE . these engines are quite recent and available from the K11 micra and nissan CUBE. also all aluminium and super smooth and quiet! bolt on upgrades include GA15 injectors, throttle body and better management for around 160 hp according to the micra club. good cheap fun i say!!

#49 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

yeah guys the micra engine is a great place to start if ur thinkin about going nissan. what we have realised over the past year is that when finished its easily upgradeable to the CG10 16valve engine and the CG13DE and CGA3de since the gearbox, shifter shafts etc is exactly the same or interchangeable. currently i'm doing a CG13DE . these engines are quite recent and available from the K11 micra and nissan CUBE. also all aluminium and super smooth and quiet! bolt on upgrades include GA15 injectors, throttle body and better management for around 160 hp according to the micra club. good cheap fun i say!!

So essentially you are using the K10 Micra
THIS SHAPE

But we can only really get k11s over here easilly
THIS SHAPE

BUT if i remember correctly, doing the K11 engine transplant is rather difficult cause the oil filter is under the exhaust manifold on the micra engine, which if it were put into a mini engine bay then it would be under the brake servo and master Cylinder...creating issues....How did/would u over come this?

#50 Joloke08

Joloke08

Not banned but still weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

THIS SHAPE

THIS SHAPE

BUT if i remember correctly, doing the K11 engine transplant is rather difficult cause the oil filter is under the exhaust manifold on the micra engine, which if it were put into a mini engine bay then it would be under the brake servo and master Cylinder...creating issues....How did/would u over come this?

If you Read Big Cheifs Other thread the engine he uses is indeed a K11 twin Cam Motor :)

The threads Here

http://www.theminifo...x...c=98753&hl=
And heres The Engine
Posted Image

And theres even a K11 engine shown here in this thread,this picture :)
Posted Image

So they will fit :P

I know its the K11 Motor because i used to have a Micra and so did my Dad :P

Everybody Harks on its not worth transplanting but its more powerful in its standard state than a Similar Sized Mini engine and Ilbiet more Reliable ;D

Huggz
Jodie :)

#51 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

THIS SHAPE

THIS SHAPE

Just do the oil change from underneath, reaching up to get the oil filter off.

#52 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

yup, all correct but we also use a smaller oil filter than standard from the toyota corolla (4E and 5E engines) that fit even easier than the reccomended filters. something to consider about these engines is that other than 3 cylinders, they are among the lightest engines u can fit. lighter than hondas d15b,b18,b16etc,toyota 4efte,4e,5e. in fact a cg13 engine complete with dizzy and injectors,manifold is lighter than a mini block without head or pistons!!!!!! its got the horses without that harsh idle, fuel consumption and overheating associated with a tropical modified mini engine plus the fifth gear is absolutely free of charge!!!

#53 buddylove

buddylove

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts
  • Local Club: SAMOA

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:51 AM

Sounds like a nice motor, I wish we had Micras over here.

#54 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

have you got dimensions for this and how do u strengthen it? Like what with and how thick etc etc...

and what about things like wiring and speedo...just swap them to micra ones??

#55 pantera2075

pantera2075

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Local Club: GTMOC

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Why not ask the guy for a price for a couple shipped? Bear in mind the GTM will put much different forces on the subby than in a mini.

I can honestly say, that if I was starting again, i'd go for a tuned Micra engine, and not the 4age - the compactness makes it a load simpler on the subby front.

Wiring and speedo are the least of your worries when doing a conversion. Carbed Micra engine elecs would be a piece of p**s.

#56 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

Why not ask the guy for a price for a couple shipped? Bear in mind the GTM will put much different forces on the subby than in a mini.

I can honestly say, that if I was starting again, i'd go for a tuned Micra engine, and not the 4age - the compactness makes it a load simpler on the subby front.

Wiring and speedo are the least of your worries when doing a conversion. Carbed Micra engine elecs would be a piece of p**s.

Am not putting into my gtm anymore...b going into a mini...the gtm is pretty reliable to be honest

#57 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

cant really help with exact dimentions but i can tell u that the mini subframe is about 30 or 31 inches across in the region where the cutting takes place. the micra engine from pulley to gearbox end is about 29.5 inches across. from my photos on th first page u can see what is left after the first cuts and the engine fits in position without ever separating the front from the rear of the subby, thereby maintianing its goemetry(extremely important fellas) when the engine is nestled correctly in terms of shaft departure angle and trueness its simply a matter of strengthening around the engine. we actually re used the sides that we cut out to maintain the proper gauges and ended up with a subframe around the same weight as original!

#58 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

oh and i forgot, the speedo works just like the mini so we made a sleeve by joining a nissan cable tip to a shaft from a mini gearbox (the square tubing thingie) and sliding on a nissan cable nut. it gives only an idea of how fast ur going because when ur doing say 160km it actually reads 130!
since our CG13 is carbd the wiring is extremely simple but even the fuel injected version is simple and all the schematics are available from the micra club. only five positive wires, four GNDs and a fuel pump relay are required if u have the full harness!!

#59 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

Tell you what, you make this conversion sound very tempting indeed!!

I really like the sound of this, you've got some nice cars over there as well.

#60 Bert

Bert

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

cant really help with exact dimentions but i can tell u that the mini subframe is about 30 or 31 inches across in the region where the cutting takes place. the micra engine from pulley to gearbox end is about 29.5 inches across. from my photos on th first page u can see what is left after the first cuts and the engine fits in position without ever separating the front from the rear of the subby, thereby maintianing its goemetry(extremely important fellas) when the engine is nestled correctly in terms of shaft departure angle and trueness its simply a matter of strengthening around the engine. we actually re used the sides that we cut out to maintain the proper gauges and ended up with a subframe around the same weight as original!

So u think it would be easier to put/hover the engine above and make a mark then cut the subframe??
then just use the same parts we cut out and use as strengtheners?

Where do u strengtheners when u weld them back on?

oh and i forgot, the speedo works just like the mini so we made a sleeve by joining a nissan cable tip to a shaft from a mini gearbox (the square tubing thingie) and sliding on a nissan cable nut. it gives only an idea of how fast ur going because when ur doing say 160km it actually reads 130!
since our CG13 is carbd the wiring is extremely simple but even the fuel injected version is simple and all the schematics are available from the micra club. only five positive wires, four GNDs and a fuel pump relay are required if u have the full harness!!

Ah ok, i would probably need to get them set correctly...due to the police like to follow me LOL

off to the Micra owners club i go...

Sorry for all the questions (they're will probably be more) as i am actually going to attempt this over here with a 1349CC injection K11 engine and gearbox...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users