44 replies to this topic

#16 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:24 PM

What is your green one?! How much rust?! What else is wrong with it?!

#17 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:29 PM

No rust what-so-ever, battery's a bit knackered and the motor makes a funny whiring noise...

you saw it in my projects, remember?

it is a 'real cooper'...

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

Bo**oxs, I can't believe you've got me again with that one!!!! In the same night, actually in the same half hour! It because my head is still spinning from spending the day at Bill Richards helping him re-build my gearbox!!!! It was soooo cool! Anyway, errrrm, I'll keep my Clubby thanks!

#19 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:38 PM

I am personally not a fan of the high tech thingies in a Mini. Especially stuff that isn't even english. If I were you, I would just stick with a A serie engine. Tune it up to a nice 1380. Maybe turbo if you are looking for some serious stuff. Get a nice 5 speed. That would make a great cruising car. Get a fibreglass front end, I would prefer 2 pieces. Not a flip front. Don't even know if they are available for Clubby's. I like original interior especially old ones. Get a center speedo, etc. Some old style buckets but with 4 point seat belts. Paint it in a not too bright color, go a bit dark like very dark green, blue, grey maybe black. Get some chrome but not too much. It helps that the clubby's grill isn't a massive piece of bright work. So I would stick with chrome wipers, mirrors, roof lip. Just a little idea

MiniMoi

#20 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

Yea but that's pretty much what I have with the mini I've got now, it would be pointless to do the same thing with the Clubby, unless I was going to sell it, which I don't want to do, as it was my first car and I'm come quite attached to it.

I do like the idea of a two piece front, something I am probably gonna do!

#21 Mini_resto

Mini_resto

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Local Club: Somerset Mini Owners

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:31 PM

rite not to nag now but, dont do a V-tec, it would be such a waste

#22 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:36 PM

and the unreliabilty of the A-series is starting to do my head in,

they are reliable if you look after them and they are bassicaly standard

#23 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:38 PM

i would go for the vtec, u get to keep ur beloved mini with a modern and powerful heart!! its just so damn expensive and the insurance man, will pull ur pants down and spank you with a big wooden plank over and over!!

#24 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:01 PM

Yeah than it would be kind of pointless. See I am not really into original style Clubby's. Actually not really into Clubby's at all unless they have a unoriginal body style. But each to each own. You could of course do it original. Have it bone stock. I don't know if this is common to do on Mini's. But I am also into the muscle cars, and they when done completely like they left the factory most of the time they bring up a lot more $$$ than the modified ones. Though it probably helps that there weren't made millions of them.

MiniMoi

#25 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:31 PM

pull ur pants down and spank you with a big wooden plank over and over!!

speaking from experiance they would

#26 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:19 AM

Yea, I've been onto my insurance company a week back. Basically if I stuck a Civis Type R unit in they wouldn't touch me because its an import motor. If I was to stick just the normal Civic Vti unit in my insurance tomorrow would be around 3k, however as I'm not planning on having this finished until the end of next summer (if I go the Vtec route), I would hopefully have 2 more years on my age, and 2 years no claims, would would bring it down to somewhere around what I'm paying on insurance for my 1425. Anyway, I think talking to the fellow SMOCers tonight is gonna help me a lot in making up my mind.

#27 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:52 AM

Vtec it... would be a shame not too :thumbsup:

#28 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:25 AM

Well heres what I'm thinking at the mo. There seems to be two camps of people, those who want me to keep it standard, and those who want me to V-tec it. So, if I can restore my Clubby and sell it without loosing too much money I will, then using the money I get from that, I can buy myself a shell with V5, etc and use that for my V-tec?!

This all kind kind of hinges on my abilty to learn how to weld in order to repair the swiss cheese in the body, preferably with brand new panels, not patches.

Is welding something thats not too difficult to learn?! I've never done much like that before, the closest I've come is soldering circuit baords in school a few years back!!!!

#29 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:01 PM

Erm, practice on sheet metal and get someone who's good at it to show you what to do... Not too hard to learn, very hard to perfect!

Like Chess...

#30 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:07 PM

Hmmm, I like chess, always got whooped by my brother though! Prefer Monopoly, don't suppose its much like Monopoly is it?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users