You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

Depends on the type really.

Apparently the IDAs are awesome, those are the BIG mothers that stick out through the bonnet! :cry:

Oooo, or is it the IDF? One of them is meant for inline engines, one is for transverse mount IIRC. Something to do with the fuel chamber design I think.

Anyway, IMHO sideys are better for me because of the wider range of second hand ones and the fact that they are more of a 'known factor' on the old A series.

#17 bennett

bennett

Speeding Along Now

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

hi, ive found a twin choke webber in the friday adds at a really cheap price, what i'd like to know is how well do they work on minis.

any help would be great

cheers aaron

this is it

Attached Files

#18 bennett

bennett

Speeding Along Now

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

hi, ive found a twin choke webber in the friday adds at a really cheap price, what i'd like to know is how well do they work on minis.

any help would be great

cheers aaron

this is it

does anyone know which type it is by lookin at it

#19 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:22 PM

You sure that's a Webber? Looks like a Pierburg thing to me. Nasty French carb fitted to Vauxhall or VAG engines and a pile of ****.

If it's a Webber made as a direct replacement for the Pierburg it will still be rubbish but I don't think it is because the Webber replacements don't normally have the auto choke thing on the side (which is one of the French unit's big downfalls). Webber don't just make performance carbs, they make bog standard replacements too and this doesn't look like a performance anything to me.

#20 Mini_Maniac

Mini_Maniac

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

Sorry to change the subject but what (twin)carb would be best for my standard Jreg 998cc city? I have looked at a few different types webber, delorta, SU etc but dont really know what im looking at lol

Please PM!

Edited by Mini_Maniac, 20 September 2007 - 05:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users