34 replies to this topic

#31 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

Imo if you’ve got a 25 in completely original condition it should stay that way, as finding the key parts like the seats, door cards, red seat belts, hub caps and other bits of trim are not imposable but may take some time for certain parts and you might even have to wait till the unfortunate event that a poor 25 gets written off to be able to get hold of the part you need and none of the parts are available new off the self so have to be bough second-hand.

Although if you do feel the need to change bits and pieces just don’t go too mad then that fine too.

It’s when I’ve seen other fairly original 25’s being striped of all the 25 stuff and rebuilt with big arches, big wheels, different engine, different interior and painted a completely different colour and still calling it an original 25, which it clearly isn’t anymore.

Although saying that for some reason a good condition original 25 aren’t worth any more than say a 25 with a few mods in ok ish condition as the extras help bump up the resale value.

So it’s all really down to personally preference at the end of the day as it’s your mini and your the one that drives it.

#32 998 mini 25

998 mini 25

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:25 PM

Heya,

Sorry for not replying in ages, quick update on the mini. the vacuum unit turned up and it has been fitted and it works perfectly now. it runs really well once it has all warmed up.

Just on a anti 4x4 and van note does everyone seem to get blinded when driving along at night either from 4x4's vans lorries etc coming towards you or who sit an inch of your rear bumper. because whenever im driving like that most of the time i can barely see.

can anyone recommend any good halogen headlights, i dont mind spending the money as long as i can tell an obvoius difference because at the moment i might as well be using oil lamps.

Cheers

Scott

#33 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:34 PM

Just on a anti 4x4 and van note does everyone seem to get blinded when driving along at night either from 4x4's vans lorries etc coming towards you or who sit an inch of your rear bumper. because whenever im driving like that most of the time i can barely see.

Yep! Every single time!! I tend not to bother looking in my mirrors :o

as for people coming towards you - i tend to look down to the left and follow the white line at the edge of the road until they've driven past! :o

If you don't get Karl's mirrors, I think I have a set around home somewhere :withstupid:

#34 axmini

axmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 17 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

ive only been driving a mini for about 3 weeks and last night i relised this problem we see to be right at the same hight as car head lights

some info on some good bulb would do me a treat as well seen as i do what Bean said and drive by the white lines

#35 998 mini 25

998 mini 25

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:18 PM

Hey,

Yeah just thought i would check because i was thinking people were leaving there lights on full beams all the time but i thought that it was a bit of a coincidence that the majority of people were doing it.

cheers for the tip with the white line. the only prob i found is because most modern cars headlights are so powerfull that when they get pretty close it totally blinds you and makes your own headlights look like they aren't even on. so there is a bit of guesswork needed.

Do they make HID headlights for minis or just halogen. and can you buy just the hadlamp unit withouth the bulbe so i can put in some of my own bulbs.

Also it seems to be really dark inside the car especially going down unlit motorways. is this normal.

Sorry i will still have to check which side it is, i will get back to you prob on wednesday what side i need. cheers.

Cheers everyone

Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users