#16 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

nah, the only decent propper vtec in the Accords was my engine, H22A7, the rest were just mincey half vtec efforts

Euro R came in the CL1 chassis ('98 - '03) came with an H22A7 but the later '03 onwards (CL7 chassis) came with a K20A i think the same engine as the DC5 'teg

can someone do a guide as to what engine code related to spec of each engine???

#17 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

There was never a good 2 litre engine in the accords, apart from the Japan only 'Euro R' model, a B16a2 would be much better than the F20 (i presume) thats in your accord.

Umm not sure exeactly what engine is in it.

It a Honda Accord LS 2.0 and its a 'T' reg can rememeber what year that makes it?

As i said though it wont be any good as has a tiptronic semi auto/auto box in it not a manual?

#18 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

1999 T, same as My Type R, the 2.0l in that will probably be an F20 as PerformanceTek says.

http://en.wikipedia....f_Honda_engines

#19 PerformanceTek

PerformanceTek

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

nah, the only decent propper vtec in the Accords was my engine, H22A7, the rest were just mincey half vtec efforts

Euro R came in the CL1 chassis ('98 - '03) came with an H22A7 but the later '03 onwards (CL7 chassis) came with a K20A i think the same engine as the DC5 'teg

Doh, I meant the F20B, it came in a JDM only model off the accord, has 200bhp and 145lb/ft torque. Its pretty much a short stroke H22. Id say that would be worth of putting in a mini.

#20 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:41 PM

ahh yeah, i remember hearing something about the Honda Oddyssee (sp) has a slightly version of that engine, something about the head is different.

#21 aztech07

aztech07

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: sw mini

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:35 AM

sol, a guy i know has just has his Accord Type R (H22A7) wrote off and i think he might be selling his engine, i could find out if you like

Hello mate, i saw u mite know someone who has accord type r engine h22a7. im after one not for my mini but for my type r as i just blew mine up. let me know if u can. mite be drink in it for you.

thanx mate AARON. [email protected]

#22 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:54 AM

so far he hasn't got back to me, pm'd him on the accord type r forum, i'll have an ask around.

ou got an Accord too?

#23 stewartthomas

stewartthomas

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:26 PM

my mate mite be selling an accord type r engine as he just wrote the car off, how much would you pay,

also is there a complete guide to a vtec swap in a mini anyhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users